Sherritt Services offers outsourced medical transcription and billing services to various medical professionals throughout Canada. We are known for exceptional relationships with our clients. We offer our clients peace of mind while delivering prompt and complete service.
We are expanding and currently recruiting independent contractors to join our team in a holiday relief position! Are you an experienced medical billing clerk with a strong work ethic, ability to work independently from home, and have an excellent knowledge of the English language and grammar?
The successful candidate will work with each of our billing specialists’ contracts on a weekly basis to learn each billing client. When our billing specialist contractors take holidays, the successful candidate will take over the contractor’s clients during this time.
There are many benefits of working from home including: work/life balance with great flexibility with regards to work hours and holidays, ability to work anywhere in Alberta, and no commuting!
- A minimum of 3 years of employment completing medical billing
- Preferred experience as a billing specialist for GP, OB/GYN, Anesthesia, Internal Medicine, and/or General Surgery
- Must be knowledgeable with various EMR software
- Secure home office with secure computer
- Strong grasp of Alberta billing rules
- Perform medical billing services for clients
- Meeting clients
- Traveling to client sites for information retrieval as well as other business
- Working with the Contractor on projects that are agreed upon
- Meeting with the Contractor regularly to ensure all work is understood and completed in a timely fashion
- The Contractor will periodically review work completed for quality assurance
- Ongoing education sessions
- Other duties agreed and called upon
- Ability to learn a variety of billing and EMR software
- Excellent grammar and punctuation
- Ability to work independently
- High level of self-motivation
If you feel your qualifications and experience match our needs, please submit your cover letter and resume today!
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please!
Job Type: Contract
- medical billing: 3 years (Preferred)