Western Stevedoring has an opportunity to hire a Director of Finance to join the team at its’ North Vancouver location. This new position will report to the Group Controller/Chief Financial Officer and will be a key member of the Corporate Services and Senior Management teams.
Western is an industry leader in marine logistics (stevedoring and terminal services) with branch offices and subsidiary companies in the Lower Mainland, Prince Rupert and on Vancouver Island.
For more than seven decades, Western has continued to grow and diversify its services for the benefit of their valued customers and partners. This success is attributed to the skilled and dedicated employees that the Company has had the ability to attract and retain. To learn more about our company, vision, mission, culture and operations, please view our website at www.westeve.com.
- Manage finance department responsibilities around financial planning, budgeting, performance management, reporting, treasury, business intelligence, policy/documentation and risk.
- Work with the finance team and business units to develop and monitor periodic statements and forecasts for use by management, shareholders and external stakeholders.
- Assist in the preparation of evaluations and recommendations related to capital expenditures, strategic partnerships, acquisitions, purchasing synergies, data analytics, and investment opportunities that improve efficiencies and/or accelerate the growth of the Group.
- Manage, coach and develop employees to enhance and grow the required skillsets for future individual and business success.
What you require for success in the role
As the successful candidate, you bring a natural, people focused leadership style, you
understand the importance of maintaining a strong team and have an innovative approach to contributing towards a positive culture. You enjoy expanding your technical insights and knowledge of our diverse marine logistics operations, in pursuit of operational excellence, across all business units.
Your Unique Skills & Qualifications
- Strong business and financial acumen, with advanced and current knowledge of Canadian and US GAAP.
- Strategic, collaborative, and results driven approach to leadership.
- Ability to focus on the horizon, to innovate and implement change successfully.
- Experience in an industrial setting with multiple business units will be an asset.
- Sound judgement, analytical thinking and problem solving that enables effective decision making.
- Ability to prioritize while working independently towards critical deadlines.
- Strong customer and stakeholder focus.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, team building and presentation skills – ability to inspire, empower and gain support from others.
- Mastery of MS Office and exposure to business intelligence tools are essential for success in this role.
The successful candidate will have an undergraduate degree in Accounting, combined with a CPA and 5+ years post designation experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent