Reporting to a Vinyl Window Department Manager, the AM Production Supervisor is responsible for production staffing supervision, safety awareness, and ensuring appropriate levels of staffing, quality, performance, output and implementing improvements to existing manufacturing processes.
- Provide daily time management information to payroll
- Monitor daily output to plan in order to achieve board cycle
- Physically be in attendance on the shop floor for 90% of the day
- Forward information to the relative departments regarding poor production data
- Ensure current Key Performance targets are realized ( IE Safety, First time Yield, Board cycle completion, Efficiency etc), while constantly looking to improve them
- Ensure all safety guidelines are followed and all line operations are run safely
- Make changes and recommendations to existing safety procedures
- Ensure all units meet or exceed the accepted Ply Gem quality specifications
- Ensure all QC documentation and testing is completed and filed for reference
- Deal with employee issues related to performance and attendance
- Assist in the recruitment and training of staff as needed
- Complete accident investigations and WCB reports in a timely manner
- Lead associates in CI problem solving initiatives.
- Promoting the physiological well-being
- Two years of manufacturing experience.
- Ability to supervise a staff of up to 20 people.
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Reliable, with the ability to maintain a high level of commitment.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and respond quickly to changing priorities.
Job Type: Full-time
- Supervisory: 1 year (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Calgary, AB (Preferred)