Cumulative is a modern cloud accounting & tax consulting practice, but you’d never guess it by looking at us. We’ve adopted the same corporate culture as the tech and gaming clients that we work with across Canada. In addition to standard tax services, we also help them claim various technology based government grants and tax credits, such as the Scientific Research & Experimental Development (SR&ED) tax credit.
We’re looking for a Technical Associate to help in preparing technical reports for these programs. You’ll get to meet (virtually or in person) with tech & gaming companies of all sizes, learn about the cool new tech they’re building, and write about what they’ve worked on. Ideally you’re someone who loves computer science and writing.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Discovery - Conducting technical interviews with our clients’ development teams to discuss what they’ve worked on.
- Analysis - Identifying eligible development work and obtaining a thorough understand of the development process. Don’t worry, you’ll be fully trained on how to identify this work.
- Reporting - Preparing a written report that describes the eligible work performed and how it meets the required criteria.
- Working with Cumulative financial staff to help identify eligible expenditures.
- Assisting with a claim audit (if claim is audited).
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WITH:
- University degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Experience in software development or product management.
- A passion for technology, including emerging fields such as AR/VR and machine learning.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills - you’ll be talking to a lot of people and may have to ask a lot of questions to get the information you need.
- Strong technical/scientific writing skills, specifically an ability to describe complex computer science problems in clear, easy-to-understand language.
PLUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- Fluent spoken and written French
- Development experience in AR/VR and machine learning.
- Prior experience or knowledge of the SR&ED program is an asset, but we’ll help you get up to speed even if you’re new to it.
- A Masters or PhD student in Computer Science or a related field (or working towards one)
- Experience in scientific or technical writing.
- Work from home opportunities
- Flexible working hours
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $50.00 to $80.00 /hour
- SR&ED: 2 years (Preferred)