Location: Sparwood, BC, CA
Closing Date: November 15, 2018
Reporting to the Process Maintenance General Supervisor, the Process Maintenance Planner will be a member of a team responsible for planning, scheduling and acquiring parts for the Plant Maintenance Department. The Planner will be a key component in developing, managing and controlling all aspects of long range planning.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Manage backlog including weekly and monthly reviews
- Address required tooling, drawings, diagrams and parts to coordinate and plan jobs
- Develop scope of work packages and work with procurement for service and material purchase orders
- Determine required parts for planned work and ensure parts are available and/or on order
- Develop structured work templates and parts lists for all routine work
- Maintain a 13 week master schedule to manage component change outs and overhauls
- Manage an annual preventative maintenance program
- Assist in the development and maintenance of cost forecasting and budgeting
- Develop and manage the annual shutdown work plan as well as coordinate the preparation tasks
- Assist in the implementation of a reliability based maintenance system
- Implement demonstrated best planning practice as identified by the Best Practice Team
- High school diploma along with a Valid Interprovincial Red Seal Certificate or post-secondary degree/diploma in a related engineering or technical discipline is an asset
- Supervisory experience considered an asset, along with experience in materials acquisition, planning or scheduling
- Basic typing skills and experience with the Microsoft Office, especially Outlook, Word and Excel, are necessary
- Knowledge and experience in the use of Microsoft Dynamics AX is an asset
- Excellent communication skills, proven human relation skills and follow-up skills are required
- Must be a proven team player with strong organizing, planning, and resourcing skills
- Previous Process Maintenance experience is an asset
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2017, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eighth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck atwww.teck.comor follow@TeckResources
Job Type: Full-time