Job title :
PATIENT CARE AIDE – PENTICTON, B.C.
PENTICTON REGIONAL HSPTL
PERMANENT PART TIME (0.73 FTE)
We are currently seeking a Permanent Part Time (0.73 FTE) Patient Care Aide to join our team at Penticton Regional Hospital in the Emergency department.
As the Patient Care Aide you will work as a key team member of an interdisciplinary team that provides patient care within the hospital. Working under the direction of RN’s and LPN’s, Patient Care Aides follow established care plans and routines to deliver the best patient care possible.
Some typical duties and responsibilities:
- Assist patients with personal care and activities of daily living
- Assist with patient mobility, transfers and related equipment
- Perform nursing procedures such as taking temperature, pulse and respiration
- Housekeeping activities relating to maintaining a safe and healthy environment
- Observe and report changes in patient progress, symptoms and condition
- Perform clerical duties and other related duties
The shift types for this position are rotating evenings with the hours of work being 17:00 to 01:00. This position will work a total of 54.75 bi weekly hours.
The successful applicant of a permanent posting will be eligible for our full comprehensive benefits plan including medical and dental coverage, group life and disability insurance, paid sick and vacation time and an excellent pension!
Please note that the Relocation Allowance Program could be offered for this position. Relocation allowance is applicable to qualified candidates, who are required to relocate more than 40 km from their current work location, as a result of recruitment to a permanent vacancy.
If you are looking for an opportunity to do meaningful work while joining a great team, the Penticton Health Centre is the place for you. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
- Graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistant / Health Care Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Registration with the BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker registry
We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.