The Dawson Group is comprised of multiple companies serving British Columbia, including Dawson Construction and Eagle Rock Construction, Dawson Road Maintenance, and IRL International Truck Centres & Idealease.
IRL International Truck Centres are full-service truck dealerships. We support the transportation industry by providing them with the necessary equipment for economic growth while continuing to deliver the best personal service and value for our customers. We strive to create an atmosphere for our team in each of our five locations which prioritizes safety, encourages innovation and continuously offers first-class customer service.
In this role you will be a valued member at our Truck Centre, working as a permanent, full-time Commercial Transport Technician, reporting to the Manager of Service. Based out of Williams Lake, BC., this position maintains, rebuilds, overhauls, reconditions, and does diagnostic troubleshooting of motorized commercial trucks, buses, and road transport equipment. This position works closely with the Parts Department and Service Advisors and asks for assistance when parts are required, as well as asking questions if work orders are unclear or incorrect. The Technician interacts directly with the Manager, Service to clarify any vehicle problems and helps initiate the steps necessary to correct them. This position will require 10% travel time within our great province.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Prioritizes safety in all aspects of the job
- Successfully complete our online training seminar
- Strives to exceed industry standards by continuously offering first-class customer service
- Successfully determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts
- Maintains current and accurate vehicle records by documenting all services and repairs
- Ensures equipment is available for use by completing preventive maintenance
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brakes, steering, and hydraulics
- Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives and confirming repair completion before releasing unit to the customer
- Complies with federal and provincial vehicle requirements by inspecting vehicle’s to CVSE compliance
WHAT YOU BRING
- One to three (1-3) years of experience in Commercial Transport or Heavy Duty International truck products
- HET Journeyman
- Red Seal will be considered an asset
- Class 1 or 3 driver’s license is an asset
- Air brake experience is an asset
- The ability to work 3x12 shifts
- Strong electrical diagnostic skills
- First aid experience is an asset
- Strong self-motivational skills
- Goal oriented and a team player
Looking to be part of a well-established family-owned company? Our core values include: People First, Integrity, Respect and Excellence and as such we are committed to providing an environment that supports the growth and effectiveness of our employees and the organization. You will work for a company that offers an excellent compensation package, pension, and medical benefits, as well as learning and long-term advancement opportunities.
The Dawson Group is expanding our reach and need people like you to join us on our journey, and help us achieve our vision of safely connecting our communities.
Apply now to start the conversation!
The Dawson Group uses a centralized application service- please apply electronically as paper resumes will not be accepted
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Mechanic: 3 years (Preferred)
- First Aid (Preferred)
- HET (Preferred)
- Red Seal (Preferred)