Full Time Marine Mechanic
North Country Cycle & Sports is searching for an experienced, full time Marine Technician. The successful candidate is an individual who will communicate well with co-workers, clients, and successfully work alongside other technicians.
North Country Cycle & Sports is a full-service marine and powersport dealership offering sales on Lund and Lowe Boats Mercury and Yamaha Outboards Polaris and Yamaha Snowmobiles, ATVs, Side by Sides and Power Equipment and we service all makes and models.
We offer a professional working environment with continuous training and performance excellence. Customer service is our main priority, so remaining professional always is essential.
Experience, Education and Qualification
- Grade 12 diploma
- 5 years previous powersports experience or technical training
- Provincial certification and asset
- Must have own tools
- Must be able to work independently, work under strict time constraints and present a strong mechanical aptitude.
- Strong ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Ability to perform routine maintenance, small engine repair, vehicle assembly, accessory installation and diagnostics.
- Physically demanding lifting, pushing, kneeling and reaching
- Able to work in variable work environments; work is conducted both indoors and outdoors in varying environmental conditions
- Available to work Saturdays during peak times in season.
- Operate in extremely busy conditions during busy winter/summer months (extra hours may be required)
- Commitment to accuracy and quality
- Possession of a valid driver's license
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify customers' needs and exceed their expectations
- Maintain, diagnose, and repair
- Provide prompt, dependable, high quality service to customers.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Work closely with the service writers and parts and sales departments
- Communicate product questions or issues to supervisor and/or manufacturer.
- Provide accurate work orders, communicate with service writer, and with customers in a friendly, professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned
Competitive wages based on experience and certifications
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- marine or powersports repair: 1 year (Required)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Class G (Required)