A BETTER FUTURE
Everything begins with passion, a legacy from the Saputo family, which offered tasty and quality cheeses to its community. Today, after more than 65 years, the company employs thousands of dedicated employees, proud of their role, who work day after day to deliver quality products to customers and consumers.
Ensuring the well-being of our employees is our priority. We offer attractive working conditions and benefits to our employees and their families:
Advantageous corporate agreements
Full range of group insurance benefits
Group retirement pension plan with employer contribution
Purchase option of company stocks
Health and wellness program in the workplace
Assistance program for employees and their families
We support employment equity. Saputo strives to embed diversity and inclusion in its operations and invites candidates from all horizons to join its family.
SUMMARY OF TASKS:
This position reports directly to the Regional Sales Manager – Specialty Cheese and will be responsible for the profitable management and day to day account activities and requirements of the Loblaw Deli business.
- Deliver account gross margin and volume targets by effectively managing Saputo’s current business as well as building new category volume;
- Develop long-term business strategies that align with the customer and Saputo’s long-term goals; Prospect new business opportunities through new category development and new product initiatives;
- Develop annual customer business plans and budgets; Prepare and present regular business reviews and new product presentations to both customers and internal stakeholders;
- Manage all aspects of the key account function including pricing and promotional plans, new product presentations, forecasting, trade spend management, debit notes, and manage day-to-day customer needs;
- Be prepared to get into the numbers. Sell in the program, place the forecast, analyze the results by using Excel, Saputo web-based software and other available data;
- Cover day to day issues that arise from store level through to Head Office;
- Form excellent relationships at all levels in the customer’s organization and within the Saputo organization;
- Maintain a high degree of market and dairy industry knowledge;
- Communicate internally and coordinate activities with Saputo field Sales staff and Marketing as well as Finance, Operations, and Supply Chain departments to maximize opportunities with these customers;
- Special projects as required or assigned.
- A degree/diploma in sales & marketing or equivalent education and training desired;
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience managing key accounts or distributors;
- Strong track record of excellence in achieving sales and margin targets;
- Dependable and team oriented with a proven ability to build internal and external relationships;
- Strong communication, organization, interpersonal and analytical skills;
- Problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Comfortable making presentations in front of a group;
- Proficiency with Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint;
- English/French bilingual, an asset but not required.