Bennetts Furniture & Mattresses has been a local trend setter since 1926, bringing the latest styles and best value to the Campbellford, Peterborough and now Kingston areas. With family values at our core, we have earned a reputation for providing an exceptional customer experience and a fantastic work environment. We carry a large selection of Canadian-made furniture as well as merchandise from all over the world, and we are equally well known for taking the utmost care in delivering those products into our customers’ homes.
The Kingston Store Manager will oversee all functions involved in the Kingston location including sales, front office (reception), in-store shuttle and delivery. We are looking for a steady, positive leader who loves to make customers happy. We are looking for someone to run this store as if it were their own.
- Competitive compensation (and benefits) commensurate with experience and marketplace
- Ongoing training and development within a growing company
- Some travel required, especially during initial training
- Full-time, permanent, working Tuesday – Saturday 8:30am – 5:30pm (alternative scheduling negotiable)
- Employee discount
- Must have a minimum of 3 years management
- Must have experience in at least one of the following: A sales or a related position, Management of a retail store, The furniture industry (or a related industry), Management of sales people
- Proven ability in Customer Service
- Must have at least 10 years working experience
- Ability to decorate would be considered an asset
- No formal post-secondary education required, however, relevant courses will be considered an asset
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of typical retail environment: margin, mark-ups, merchandising, sales metrics, etc.
- Strong ability to prioritize
- Scheduling of employees in various departments
- Coaching and developing skills for various levels of experience
- Ability to develop team cohesion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent