We’re looking for a creative, enthusiastic, results-driven Social Media Manager to manage the Thermomix Canada social media platforms and digital communities out of our Vancouver, BC office. Working with the Director of Brand Experience, the Social Media Manager is responsible for day-to-day execution of Thermomix Canada’s social media campaigns; tasks include concepting and creating social media posts, daily community listening, community engagement, monitoring and issue escalation, and general maintenance. In addition, the Social Media Manager will conduct market research to identify social media best practices and trending topics for new posts, as well as conduct community conversation audits to identify key online influencers as they relate to Thermomix Canada campaigns and brand initiatives. The Social Media Manager will also provide community insights that will be used to hone and improve social campaigns and promotions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Support the Director of Brand Experience in creating and implementing social media strategies that fit within the Thermomix Canada brand guidelines with the goal of driving engagement and growth across all channels.
· Help grow and manage social media presences for Thermomix Canada on all owned platforms, including but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest and WeChat.
· Write social media post copy, and work with Director of Brand Experience for approvals.
· Develop and maintain a monthly posting schedule across multiple platforms leveraging internal tools to organize and post.
· Produce weekly live streams using Facebook and Instagram platforms, with the potential of integrating YouTube.
· Support brand awareness for Thermomix Canada and encourage the generation of user-created content via active community engagement and conversation
· Capture photography and assist in art direction for the development of all visual content for social channels.
· Manage online discussions by listening and responding to users in a timely and authentic manner. Escalate issues as needed and provide feedback on community happenings.
· Collaborate with other teams to help meet their needs through social media and ensure consistent communications through all channels.
· Monitor and track discussion topics for the management team; prepare weekly reports to update teams on predetermined success metrics and KPIs.
· Proactively monitor brand and relevant themes, news stories and provide suggestions for timely content, assets and conversations within all brand communities.
· Use online listening, supplemental research and daily community learnings to provide insights for improving campaigns and promotions and enhancing their successes.
· Research and identify influencers and associated communities for blogger/influencer campaigns.
· Research and identify the latest social media best practices across all social channels and provide relevant brand examples for reference and internal review.
· Able to travel as required by role (5% - 10%).
· 4-5+ years of experience in a social media role, ideally with experience at a food, hospitality, CPG, or lifestyle brand.
· Proven ability to engage, connect and build an audience across multiple channels.
· Ability to interpret analytics, communicate results, and formulate a strategy.
· Obsessed with staying abreast of social media, pop culture, and wellness trends.
· A love of food and cooking.
· Strong creative copywriting chops.
· Proficient design skills – InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, etc.
· Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to present ideas and information clearly.
· Collaborative team player able to integrate with a diverse team full of opinions and ideas.
· Expertise with Excel, MS Suite and Adobe Suite is a must.
· Possess an energetic, outgoing, can-do attitude.
· Community-oriented mindset - someone who loves connecting with people and creating· conversation.
· Experience with Wirecast and WeChat is preferred.
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications or a related field.
· Business proficiency in French.
· Knowledge of Quebec market preferred.
Drives Vision and Purpose, Plans and Aligns, Communicates Effectively, Collaborates, Directs Work, Cultivates Innovation.
LIFTING / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
· Lifting: medium work, exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
· Physical: Stand or Sit; Walk; Stoop, Kneel, Crouch, or Crawl; Talk/Hear; See; Repetitive Motion (e.g., typing)
· Position Type: Based out of the Thermomix Canada corporate office in Vancouver, BC and reports to Area Manager Western Canada with dotted line reporting to Director of Brand Experience in the Thermomix USA office.
· Expected Hours of Work: Hours may vary and will require evening and weekend work depending on business needs.
· Supervisory responsibilities: No direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department as well as our Independent Consultants
COMPANY OVERVIEW *
Vorwerk & Co. KG was founded in Wuppertal in 1883. During the course of its 134-year history, the company, originally a carpet factory, has grown into a highly diversified, global corporate group. Vorwerk nevertheless remains a family enterprise to this day.
Vorwerk’s core business is the direct selling of high-quality products. The Vorwerk product range includes household appliances (the Thermomix kitchen appliance, the Kobold vacuum cleaner, products from Lux Asia Pacific) and JAFRA cosmetics. The akf banking group, the Vorwerk carpet factories and the HECTAS Group as an associate company all belong to the Vorwerk entrepreneurial family. Superior products and a special customer approach are something all divisions have in common, and what makes Vorwerk so special.
Vorwerk provides jobs for 625,000 people worldwide, of whom 613,000 work as self-employed advisers and over 12,000 as employees. Vorwerk generated a Group sales totaling more than 3.5 billion euros in 2015 and operates in more than 70 countries.
Expected start date: 2020-07-20
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Flexible Schedule
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
- Monday to Friday
- Adobe Illustrator: 3 years (Required)
- InDesign: 3 years (Preferred)
- Social Media Marketing: 3 years (Required)
- WeChat: 1 year (Preferred)
- WireCast: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19