If you’re passionate about being a part of a team that is, committed to the Team Member Experience and driven by innovation and growth, then join us!
The Care Support Assistant is a critical role within our communities as it impacts the lives of residents and ignites the warmth of human connection.
As a Care Support Assistant your typical day will impact in the following ways:
- Provide day to day care and support to each individual resident; to offer a warm, safe environment for each resident, ensuring their comfort and welfare needs are met.
- Support the residents to prepare and transport to Care Community events that promote a positive resident experience.
- Acts as a resident companion as directed; provides comfort and support and companionship to the residents.
- Assists with table/tray preparation, serving of beverages and accompaniments, and serving of food.
- Completes laundry and housekeeping duties as directed, including, but not limited to, restocking shelves and making beds and transporting personal laundry to and from the laundry to the residents' room and organizing closets and cleaning bedside tables.
- Participates in admission orientation and the transfer process of the residents as directed.
- Transports the residents to and from their rooms, recreational activities, health office and dining room as required.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma.
- Safe Food Handling Certificate and WHMIS certificate.
- Ability to work independently and/ or as a member of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively when working with residents, families and visitors.
- Ability to model the warmth of human connection in communicating with residents, families, and visitors.
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills required.
- As part of legislative requirements, all successful candidates must meet the provincial police check and tuberculosis screening requirements as applicable.
Bonus points for having:
- Experience working with seniors is preferred.
Act upon your desire to help others and Join Sienna Senior Living as we continue to enhance the lives of those we serve.
Sienna Senior Living is committed to employment equity, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace. In accordance with provincial regulations, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection, and assessment process.