About Bearing Bronze Ltd.
Since 1970, Bearing Bronze Limited has been trusted as an international leader in the supply of bronze bar stock and the production of superior quality bushings. Privately owned and independently operated, Bearing Bronze Limited was founded in 1970 on a commitment to uncompromising customer service and unparalleled standards of quality. Throughout the years, that commitment has grown and strengthened with ongoing employee training, AS 9100 Rev. D / ISO 9001:2015 registration, strategic supplier development and the acquisition of leading-edge machine technologies.
If you are committed to outstanding customer service and quality, then we are committed to you. Our reputation has been built on the fundamental principle that we must meet and exceed the expectations of our customers. We empower our employees and offer top-notch training. Our core values include firm leadership, a friendly culture, fair treatment, training, and a safe environment. At Bearing Bronze Limited, we work towards common goals and achieve them as a team.
Position Summary: *
Machinists/CNC Set-up Operators use machine tools, such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders, to produce precision metal parts. They use their knowledge of the working properties of metals and their skill with machine tools to plan and carry out the operations needed to make machined products that meet precise specifications. Specifically, a General Machinist: reads and interprets complex engineering drawings and work-process documentation, cuts, shapes, and finishes metal to make precision machined parts and components, sets up and operates both conventional and numerically controlled metal-cutting machines and equipment, including saws, drills, grinders, lathes, and mills and performs work-in-process measuring or checking using specialized and precision tools and equipment.
Reports to: *
- The CNC Machinist/Machine Set-Up Operator reports to the Production Manager.
CNC Machinist/Machine Set-Up Operator Responsibilities:
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Operate and set up machines to perform repetitive machining operations
- Verify dimensions of parts machined using precise measuring instruments such as micrometers or calipers
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment and machinery
- Enter codes specifying speed, feed and cut of the toolpath for computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools
- Repetitive machining operations such as Turning, Milling, Boring and Broaching
- Weight handling up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Any other duties as required and assigned
Skills, Abilities, and other Qualifications:
- 2-3 Years experience as a CNC Machinist/Set-up Operator; CNC lathe experience preferred
- 429A Certificate of Qualification is an asset
- Programming experience with G & M Code or Macro Programming
- Manufacturing or Machine Shop experience is a must
- Experience using a variety of measuring tools
- Strong mathematical acumen (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division).
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work Safely
- Ability to work in a noisy, hot, and fast paced environment
- “All In” Winning Attitude
Other requirements (Non-Negotiables):
- MUST BE ABLE TO DO SHIFT WORK: Monthly rotations of Day, Afternoons and Midnight shifts with availability of overtime (No weekends or holidays) - must have transportation that accommodates shift work. Shift premiums are offered.
- Successful candidates will also be required to pass a Criminal Records name check and a Controlled Goods Clearance upon hire.
Bearing Bronze Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on citizenship, age, family status, race, sex (including pregnancy), creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, place of origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by the Ontario Human Rights Code.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Bearing Bronze Ltd. makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Bearing Bronze Ltd. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require a disability related accommodation during the application process under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) please reach out to the job poster
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $26.00 per hour