GREENPAC MILL IS LOOKING FOR A PLANT MANAGER TO RUN THEIR STATE OF THE ART OPERATION IN NIAGARA, USA.
Reporting to the Vice-President - Operations, the Plant Manager is tasked with achieving the unit’s established production objectives. You will provide operational leadership in all of your unit’s activities to engage your team members and support them in achieving objectives.
Relocation Package included.
- Ensure optimal execution of operations by achieving targets in terms of occupational health and safety (Culture and results), production capacity, equipment reliability, standardization of operating costs and quality
- Ensure compliance with business processes
- Prepare and execute investment and asset maintenance plans, and meet return on investment targets
- Engage and develop all your employees
- Ensure the application of all of Cascades’ processes in the plant in compliance with business rules and established best practices
- Establish performance standards (availability, efficiency, OEE) in collaboration with the Vice-President - Operations
- Lead weekly meetings with your team and SUs to analyze KPIs, and discuss and launch required action plans
- Collaborate in the implementation of optimization projects specific to your unit
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement and optimize the lean production system in place
YOUR BACKGROUND AND YOUR STRENGTHS
- Extensive experience in management and in the papermaking industry
- Interest into Team based approach or non-traditional models
- Leadership and a collaborative spirit that inspire and engage teams to achieve excellence
- Ability to understand customer needs, issues and interests in order to develop solutions that support their experience
- Ability to guide and coach team members with the servant leadership approach
- Sound judgment to ensure follow-up and effective implementation of solutions in accordance with company priorities and to make appropriate decisions
- Strong persuasiveness to foster maximum buy-in when necessary
- The knowledge and experience to anticipate the impact of a decision on your unit and employees
- Strong political and communication skills, tact and diplomacy
- Excellent ability to build and support a customer-focused culture (Customer centricity) based on a people-centred approach
- Excellent written and spoken English to support professional interactions
- Agility needed to work with various technological tools
- Knowledge of SAP software or other ERP (an asset)
- Managerial courage
- Team leadership
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. All qualified candidates will be considered for this position in a fair manner. Use of the masculine in our communications refers equally to both women and men.
To be part of Cascades is to reveal the full potential of materials, people and ideas. We are source of possibilities.
Since 1964, we have been providing sustainable, innovative and value-creating solutions in packaging, hygiene and recovery.
Join 12,000 women and men working in a network of more than 90 operating units located in North America and Europe.
Nearest Major Market: Buffalo
Job Segment: Plant, Engineer, Plant Operator, ERP, Manager, Manufacturing, Engineering, Technology, Management
Job Type: Full-time