Health Care Aid (or Completed 2nd of 4 year Nursing program)
Realcare has provided in-home and Personal Care Home healthcare services in Winnipeg (HCAs, LPN/RN, and Companions). Realcare was established in 1996 with the aim of providing Patinent-Focused home care with dignity, comfort, compassion, integrity and trust. Fast forward to 2021, we are expanding and we want to increase the Realcare family by inviting more applicants.
- a Health Care Aide certificate
- proof of English language proficiency
- self-motivation and pesponsibility
- Criminal record check, child and adult abuse checks
- Health and Dental insurance (available after passing 3-month probation)
- Flexible hours
This position involves:
- Reviewing with Nurse Manager the initial assessment and proposed care plan for the client.
- Provide the desired care though the duties listed below.
- Report significant changes in the client's health status to the Realcare Office/Nurse Manager immediately.
- Document care given in the Realcare progress notes.
Private Care Duties
- Assisting with walking.
- Monitoring vital signs.
- Assisting with range of motion exercises, one person transfer/lift.
- Prompting with medication taking.
- Meal preparation and feeding assistance.
- Providing client hygiene (i.e. Washing, bathing/showering, mouth care, toileting, peri-care).
- Provide engaging companionship through conversation and/or activities
- Shopping duties.
- Transporting to and from appointments.
Institutional Care Duties
Providing quality care in facilities within the framework of his/her educational competencies and within the guidelines of the specific facilities which can include:
- Maintain and promote client hygiene
- Maintain and promote client exercise and rest
- Maintain and promote client nutrition
- Maintain and promote client elimination
- Maintain and promote client safety
- Maintains the client environment in a safe clean and pleasant state.
- Participates in unit response to emergency situations
- Contributes to achievement of team goals
- Performs other related duties as required
In a facility we are there to assist the staff in providing quality client care. Our staff takes their directions from the facility staff. If there is a problem with the instructions you are given, you can take your concerns to the charge nurse. If you still have a problem, you can call the office any time. Never leave a facility during your shift without first contacting the office. Applicants should be familiar with patients with Alzheimer & dementia, aggressive behaviours, posses a current first aid/CPR certificate and hold a certificate from a local college.
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 20-40 per week
Salary: $17.00-$18.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Health Care Aide Certification (required)
Work Location: In person