KML Windows Inc., a division of Andersen Corporation, is currently seeking an afternoon shift Supply Chain Associate in our Shipping department. The incumbent of this position will be responsible for packaging products, preparing and managing paperwork, and loading outbound trucks in a safe and timely manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manual loading of outbound trucks in a safe and timely manner, in delivery sequence, as per the shipping schedule to ensure customer due dates are met;
- Responsible for the staging, wrapping, and packaging of products for shipping;
- Adheres to shipping procedures and regulatory compliance;
- Prepare documents such as bill of ladings, packing slips, and customs documentation;
- Processes courier shipments using agent software;
- Cross department training in Central Stores and Material Handling to support afternoon production needs and end of day tasks;
- Meets and maintains daily objectives of Plan v. Actuals (PVA);
- Basic 5S Methodology
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Working knowledge and understanding of Shipping procedures and paperwork is a definite asset;
- 1 - 3 years shipping experience preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to process custom documentation using company system or experience with equivalent external systems;
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal);
- Foster an atmosphere of continuous improvement;
- Capable of lifting up to 40 lbs., on a regular basis throughout the shift;
- Able to take instruction/direction;
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency at work and able to work under pressure;
- Possesses strong organizational skills;
- Proven ability to work independently and within a team environment;
- Demonstrates a positive attitude with the ability to interact effectively with other departments;
- Previous experience with wrapping/packaging/loading, etc., preferred;
- Forklift trained or willing to be trained is an asset
- Monday to Thursday 3:00pm – 1:30am
- Applicants must have the ability to work flexible shifts and/or additional hours in order to meet customer and timeline requirements.
If you feel you have the above skills and abilities and would like to apply for this position, please submit a resume via email.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, KML Windows Inc. will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
We are committed to demonstrating mutual respect and appreciation of our similarities and differences so that each employee can realize his/her potential and we exceed our customers' expectations.
ANDERSEN CORPORATE VALUES
Each employee is responsible for upholding these values in their daily activities:
INTEGRITY: Taking pride in our commitment to do the right thing by demonstrating fairness, integrity and high ethical standards in all our actions.
INNOVATION: Upholding our legacy of innovation and embracing change in all areas of our business as a means of attaining and sustaining leadership.
PARTNERSHIP: Cultivating successful relationships with everyone in our business circle and strengthening them through shared values, common goals and active participation.
EXCELLENCE: Building customer trust and loyalty by understanding and caring about exceeding customer expectations.
CORPORATE CITIZENSHIP: Continuing our longstanding commitment to leadership in environmental stewardship and the communities in which we live and work.
ANDERSEN “CODE OF BUSINESS CONDUCT”
Each employee is responsible for adhering to the Andersen Code of Business Conduct.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $16.20 per hour
- Company Events
- Company Pension
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Profit Sharing
- RRSP Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Care
The health and safety of all employees continues to be our number one priority during these challenging times. We have taken significant steps to address safety, cleanliness, and incident response measures to ensure we provide a safe workplace.
- Shipping: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)