As a Care Coordinator (CC) you will be responsible for assessing the patient's eligibility for home and community care services and assist them, their caregivers and families to participate in the planning of their care by coordinating appropriate services and continually monitoring, supporting, managing and evaluating the plan of care through assessments with patients.
Your qualifications and experience will include:
- Practitioner in one of the following health disciplines: registered nurse, physiotherapist, occupational therapist or social worker (MSW) with a degree at the baccalaureate level is required.
- Member in good standing with a regulatory body in Ontario is required.
- Clinical knowledge expertise in resource management, coordination.
- Experience with community health services.
- Experience working with various heath disciplines as well as the public and interagency contact.
- Understanding the long-term care and health care delivery system in the province of Ontario.
- Community case management experience is preferred.
- Advanced assessment skills.
- Strong, inclusive communication skills (listening, speaking and writing).
- Team player with the ability to use each other's skills.
- Proficiency in the use of computerized processes, including the use of mobile (laptop) technology is required.
- Ability to travel and a valid driver's license/vehicle are required. (Applicants are asked to review our NSM LHIN geography to ensure it is understood where our patients are being served).
- Ability to communicate in French or other languages an asset.
WE CAN OFFER
- As per the Ontario Nurses Association (ONA) Collective Agreement, the salary range is from $34.81 per hour to a maximum of $45.43 per hour, commensurate with experience
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- Varying work schedules
- Excellent benefit options and vacation plan
- Home office availability to eligible employees
- Office locations in Barrie and Huntsville in addition to hospitals in our LHIN (RVH, OSMH, CGMH, GBGH and MAHC (both SMMD and HDMH sites)
- Casual, part-time and temporary full-time positions available
*To apply for this position, state "CARE COORDINATOR" and the area you are willing to work (ie., Muskoka, Simcoe County or both) in the subject line of your email and include your professional cover letter and résumé as a separate attachment.
NSM LHIN is governed by the requirements of the French Language Services Act and therefore encourages applications from French speaking candidates.
NSM LHIN is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have any special requirements during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.
We thank all applicants who take the time to apply; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
As part of the mandatory screen process NSM LHIN requires professional references, verification of academic training, professional accreditation, plus a current Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Casual
- Medical: 2 years (Preferred)