Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Reporting to the Director of Care (DOC), the Ward Clerk is responsible for a variety of clerical/administrative functions supporting the Director Of Care and the home.
- To respond to incoming telephone lines and take and relay messages as required;
- To greet visitors and directs them as appropriate;
- To assist with resident information on lab requisitions;
- To maintain or assist in maintenance of resident records /files;
- To perform filing assignments for the DOC;
- To assist with labeling of resident's belongings;
- To prepare and post the nursing schedule under the direction of DOC;
- To update and maintain the schedule daily, including calling staff;
- To input changes to the staff schedules daily and present To DOC for approval;
- To carry out various clerical duties and prepare reports or manuals as required
- To book ambulances and other transportation at the request of Registered staff;
- To ensure resident satisfaction and continuous quality improvement initiatives are promoted;
- To be knowledgeable of the Resident Bill of Rights/Governing Principles and endeavor to promote it;
- To work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents);
- To uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct;
- To complete all other tasks as assigned.
- Health Care Aide certificate preferred
- Basic clerical/administrative skills
- Pleasant telephone manner with strong customer service skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to deal with tight timelines
- Experience with Microsoft office suite of applications
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.