Launched October 2017, BEACON is a therapy platform whose mission is to provide effective mental health help digitally. It over-comes significant barriers to treatment, including affordability, accessibility and stigma. Founded by clinical and technology innovators, BEACON leverages existing and emerging cloud and machine learning technologies to advance the state of the art for mental health clinical capacity.
For more information, please visit https://www.mindbeacon.com.
- Build and optimize cross platform applications empowered by Beacon cutting-edge Mental Health Platform;
- Productionalize and deploy existing machine learning, natural language processing, and information retrieval techniques and systems for knowledge management and discovery, such as using health record data, progress notes, and discharge summaries to identify admitting diagnosis, reason for consultation, clinical history, etc.
- Participate big data processing on cloud-based environments such as Azure, Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, based on Hadoop/MapReduce/Spark stacks.
- Integrate the Machine Learning and/or NLP modules into the production environment, ensure its scalability, and leverage knowledge gained into other projects, modeling, and work practices, to solve complex healthcare problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related disciplines;
- Experience with Azure, AWS, and micro-services architecture is preferred;
- Full implementation experience with multiple web frameworks and application servers;
- Hands-on implementation experience with agile methodologies, cloud development techniques, DevOps and latest open source tools. Experience working with tools such as JIRA, GitHub, Jenkins, JMeter, etc.;
- Experience implementing projects with RESTful web services, micros-services & APIs.
- Proficiency in SQL relational databases and/or NoSQL databases;
- Well knowledge and practices on build systems as Gradle, Maven, MS Build, Webpack and Grunt/Gulp;
- Fluency with Linux/Unix;
- Demonstrated knowledge of health plan operations, medical terminologies/ontologies and/or clinical informatics and healthcare systems;
- General software development skills (source code management, debugging, testing, deployment, etc.);
- Experience with agile methodologies.
What Makes You a Great Fit for our Team:
- Ability to think creatively and to work well both as part of a team and as an individual contributor.
- Familiarity with development in emerging areas like machine learning, conversational AI is a strong plus.
- Eager to learn new algorithms, new application areas, and new tools.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively interface and communicate with a broad array of internal and external contacts.
Job Type: Full-time
- developer: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)