Guest Service Supervisor/Asst Supervisor and Guest Service Coordinators
If you are passionate about the outdoors and like the sound of spending your days off exploring the numerous hiking trails, swimming in glacier lakes, and exploring a beautiful national park; then we want you to join our team as a Guest services agent. The SkyTram guest services agent is a unique position, requiring an upbeat and animated individual who enjoys dealing with and speaking with guests from all over the world. We strive to create a compelling experience for our guests, but it is equally important to us to foster an environment of growth, opportunity, and memories for the people that work with us. We have the privilege of employing people who come from all around the world to experience a season delivering stellar guest service to all who visit.
Guest service agents operate within the ticket office on site at Jasper SkyTram. The main responsibilities include selling tickets to guests as well as maintaining excellent knowledge of products offered. Overseeing all incoming guest service emails, phone calls and addressing guests’ questions, comments and concerns ensuring the correct course of action is followed through with. Guest Service Agents may be required to assist in other areas or departments when required.
The Jasper Skytram season runs from March to November 2023.
Alberta Employment Standards regarding probationary periods apply.
What does a day in the life of Guest Services at Jasper Skytram look like?
Well, after awaking from the blissful shuttle bus nap, everyone heads into the office. (The shuttle ride is 10 min) The Coordinators hand out the cash tills and everyone gets ready to open their stations. Agents will count tills and make sure they have the correct amount of money in their floats, boot up our point of sales software, and await the crowds. As guests start to arrive, we sit at the windows and help them get onto the hill with the best product for their needs. The pace varies from day to day, but Saturdays tend to be incredibly busy! There is a lot of savvy product knowledge and discounts on discounts to wrap your head around, but don’t worry, you always have coordinators and supervisors backing you up.
When working at Jasper SkyTram we run two separate shifts starting at 8AM to 9PM: During your shift you receive one half hour of free time where you can either sit inside or out to eat your lunch and relax. On slow days, heading up to take your free time at the top of Whistlers mountain is possible but not guaranteed. During summer, everyday is a “weekend” so you can expect a steady flow of tourists moseying on up to enjoy their surroundings from AM to PM. Responding to emails and ensuring all guests get their tickets and make their flight times are top priority throughout the day. You will experience days where the weather is not optimal and when it is fantastic. You will work closely with the lift operators to ensure all guests are safely flown up and down the mountain. At the end of your shift, you will cash out and complete all reports to catch a shuttle back home. When you are home, and getting ready for bed, you will gaze out your window to catch a last glimpse of your workplace perched on the side of the mountain. It is viewable from basically everywhere in town. You whisper “goodnight” as the sun sets on another day at Jasper SkyTram.
- Sell window tickets and understand discounts/ promotional coupons available.
- Competently handle cash, credit/debit transactions while using a point-of-sale system (Siriusware) with policies and procedures that apply.
- Communicate effectively with all departments.
- Understand operational procedures.
- Process and understand voucher types and the billing process for third (3rd) party companies.
- Understand how to fix issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Receive guest complaints and refer to a supervisor as needed.
- Answer telephone calls and emails providing information to customers as required.
- Generate refunds as required as outlined in applicable policies. Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of refund policies.
- Maintain extensive knowledge about both locations and updated manuals when necessary.
- General office duties such as filing, cleaning, inventory count, etc.
- All Jasper SkyTram employees will conduct themselves in compliance with Alberta Occupational Health and Safety legislation as it relates to their job.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills dealing with the general public
- Previous guest services/customer service experience preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience an asset.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Cash handling and numeracy skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, i.e., during busy periods
- A second language is an asset.
- Professional deportment with excellent customer service skills: experience dealing with all patrons.
- demonstrated temperament and disposition for stressful situations or irate customers.
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills are a must.
- Respect and adhere to the company’s policies and procedures as set in the “Corporate Policies”, “Employee Handbook” and “Safety Operations Training Manuals”.
- Strong team member able to take direction.
- Motivated and observant; able to perceive needed tasks and complete them without direction.
- Self-aware; able to identify strengths and gaps in own abilities and training.
- Able to use taught skills and previous experience to problem solve.
- Recreational mountain pursuits, such as hiking, rock climbing, and ski touring, are considered assets.
Please note that you may not receive full-time hours at the beginning/end of the season and during other slow periods.