*Interviews taking place remotely, via video chat as we take precautions against COVID-19*
Are you a collaborative team player?
Do you enjoy travelling and working at multiple work sites both inside and outside?
Are you familiar with fibre-splicing for trunk, distribution and service fiber cables?
About This Opportunity
As a Planning and Implementation Technician, your main job duty will involve fibre fusion splicing for distribution, and service fibre cables.
It is a permanent, full-time position with a home base in Burgessville, ON.
Hours of Work:
- 40-hour work week
- Regular hours from 8:00 AM-4:30 PM Monday-Friday
- Weekend and evening work will be scheduled only when necessary to meet customer service level requirements.
- Must have the ability to work flexible hours as demanded by the system. May be part of an on-call rotation.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Fibre-splicing for distribution & service fibre cables
- Working with various types of fiber splice enclosures
- Testing fiber with the use of an OTDR
- Hand digging of service fiber cables to complete installations
- Help define timelines for the migrations, expansions, upgrades for the entire Fibre Network. Make intelligent contributions to create the “Plan.”
- Frequent travel across our coverage area and perform on-site visits
- Assist with planning and implementation of all outside plant materials, such as new remotes, and upgrades of existing infrastructures, which would include initial planning, permits, equipment purchases, material purchases, inventory for materials, Fiber assignments, power systems, equipment racks, cable management, etc. both in the field and in the Central Offices
- Be an active back up resource for all Customer Service Installation Technicians (Wireless, FTTH, Telco, Integrations)
- Interaction with Operations, outside contractors, and peers will be required to maintain a current knowledge of the progress and day to day activities
- Investigate MDU’s to determine best way to service
- Work with scheduling to allocate time for the Customer Service Installation Technicians to complete migrations, expansions and upgrades
- Assess existing facilities' needs for new or modified telecommunication systems
- Prepare order, and maintain inventory of equipment for customer premises equipment (CPE), facilities, access networks, or backbone networks
- Keep up in changes to industry practices and emerging telecommunications technology
- Implement or perform preventive maintenance, backup, or recovery procedures
- Must adhere to company health and safety program
What You Offer
- Minimum 1-year work experience with fibre splicing
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job which include lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs, clearly identify colored cables, as well as working in adverse weather conditions
- Must have a valid Class G Driver’s License and clean driving record
- Project planning experience is an asset
- Working knowledge of Telco, Fibre to the Home procedures
- Knowledge of inside and outside plant facilities
- Knowledge of business management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
- Excellent communication, inter-personal skills, teamwork and collaborative abilities
- Working knowledge of network technology, architecture and elements, and a strong understanding of their associated interworking’s
- Working knowledge of maintenance practices / routines on network elements and repair practices, policies, and procedures
- Demonstrated ability in multi-tasking, planning and organizing to meet scheduled deadlines
- Demonstrated effective decision-making skills while under limited supervision.
- Must have sound judgment and decision making abilities that consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and to choose the most appropriate one
- Must be able to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Skilled in performing cabling, mechanical jobs and the use of power tools
- Certification in climbing and/or tower rescue is an asset
- Must be willing to travel with occasional overnight stays (up to 1 week) for training and development
What We Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, retirement savings, health & wellness program, employee discount plan, tuition reimbursement program & interest free computer loans!
- A rewarding, challenging, and fun place to work, and all of the benefits that go along with it!
How to Apply
In your cover letter tell us why you think you would excel as a member of our team!
Submit your cover letter and resume in confidence for review.
At Execulink Telecom, the largest locally owned independent telecom company in Southwestern Ontario, our only goal is to enhance your lifestyle at home, work and play. As we grow rapidly, we have an unwavering commitment to continue to build a positive team, with a friendly, family spirited approach. The selection of exceptional talent is important to us! When you join Execulink, you’re joining a team that’s focused on not only providing an AWESOME experience to our customers, but to our employees as well. We live and breathe our Mission, Vision and Values, and are searching for individuals who are excited to contribute and do the same!
Execulink Telecom is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
- Vision care
- On-site parking
- Wellness programs
- Dental care
- RRSP Match
- Casual dress
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Fibre Splicing: 3 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Woodstock, ON (Preferred)