This is a permanent full-time/part-time role located in our Victoria location at The Heights at Mt. View: 3814 Carey Rd, Victoria BC V8Z 4C4
MUST be able to work in Victoria. If you are qualified, and can commute OR relocate to Victoria for the position, consider applying.***
- Compassionate and empathetic caregiver dedicated to providing exceptional care for residents.
- Builds strong, lasting relationships with residents, going above and beyond to meet their needs.
- Effective communicator, skilled at conveying instructions clearly and remaining calm during difficult conversations.
- Handles complex and stressful situations with ease, maintaining composure and emotional resilience.
- Adaptable and well-organized, excelling in planning and adjusting resident care strategies as needed.
- Highly regarded for genuine care and attentive listening, making residents feel valued and heard.
- Collaborative team player, respected by colleagues, and sought after as a valuable team member.
- Infuses a sense of humour and a fun-loving spirit into the caregiving environment.
- Holds a recognized post-secondary Licensed Practical Nurse degree and maintains current registration with BCCNM (British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals).
About The Role
- Adheres to the BCCNM Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics for LPNs in British Columbia.
- Contributes to person-centred care planning and evaluates service delivery.
- Performs diverse nursing interventions, including assessments, treatments, and medication administration.
- Collaborates with RNs for complex nursing interventions and consultations.
- Cultivates professional relationships with residents, team members, and external partners.
- Implements wellness programs under the guidance of the manager and registered nurse.
- Facilitates positive team and resident relationships, demonstrating accountability and support.
- Maintains accurate resident charting and information in systems like InteRAI and MDS.
- Provides timely reporting of acute resident information to the village registered nurse.
- Engages in ongoing professional development and maintains licensure and certifications.
- Upholds health and safety culture, advocating safe practices and improvements.
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply through Indeed' button below. You will be directed to our application portal on Indeed, where you can submit your resume and complete the necessary steps to apply for this job. We look forward to reviewing your application
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $31.89-$52.92 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
- Weekends as needed
- Can you provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination?
- Are you able to commute or relocate to Victoria, BC for this position?
- LPN/RPN license in good standing with the BCCNM? (required)
Work Location: In person