310 Fairway Road S, Unit 1, Kitchener, Ontario, N2C 1X3
Join a locally owned and operated store to help deliver health, beauty and convenience services in your community, and keep the customer at the centre of everything you do.
Why this role is important?
Here at Loblaw, we take pride and ownership in helping Canadians live life well. We’re looking for talented colleagues who are passionate about providing an exceptional shopping experience for our Pharmacy customers and delighting them every step of the way! We can offer progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility and a great benefits package! Come share our vision and passion in delivering a superior customer experience. Be a part of our growing Health & Wellness philosophy that includes: Pharmacy, Dietitian, Medical and Optical services.
The role of the pharmacy technician is to aid the pharmacy in the production of prescriptions and provide optimal customer service. Participate actively in growing prescription and OTC sales.
What you'll do
What you’ll need:
- Receive customer prescriptions, gather all necessary information, ensure completeness of information
- Maintain patient & drug information files
- Check pharmaceutical products prepared by another regulated pharmacy technician or by unregulated pharmacy personnel
- Confirm accuracy and completeness of pharmaceutical products prepared for release
- Preparation of prescription labels, affixing prescription and auxiliary labels to prescription container
- Reconciling accounts and collecting outstanding monies from patients where necessary
- Retrieving, counting, pouring, weighing, measuring, mixing & reconstitution of medications
- Price prescriptions, prepare receipts, invoices, letters, memos, & general filing
- Stock medications and related supplies, rotate & monitor stock
- Maintaining perpetual inventory system in Kroll
- Maintain customer privacy & confidentiality
- Registered pharmacy technician certification and maintained registration with appropriate pharmacy association
- High level of professionalism
- Knowledge of professional discipline, technical specialties, related process
- Ability to implement practical procedures of systems which are moderately complex
- Leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to handle cash accurately
- Experience with Kroll an asset
- Respect for the confidential and individual rights of our customers
- Ability to effectively communicate one on one and over the telephone with coworkers, supervisors, suppliers, physicians and customers
If you want to join a fast-paced winning team and believe you can have an immediate impact, then we want to hear from you!
Why work in a Shoppers Drug Mart store?
Each store has an Associate-Owner, so you will work for a local business owner while having the support of a national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, flexible and varied schedules, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your patients, co-workers, customers and community.
Associate Owners in the Shoppers Drug Mart network recognize Canada's diversity as an opportunity to better serve their communities, and strive to reflect the nation’s evolving diversity in the products they sell, the people they hire, and the culture they create in their stores. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.