Chalets at Big White is a boutique-style vacation home rental management company that manages and markets a variety of on mountain, ski-in, ski-out rental accommodations throughout Big White Ski Resort, located a 45 minute, scenic drive from Kelowna, British Columbia.
If you like variety in work and want to enjoy all that Big White has to offer, this is the job for you. This is a combination position that includes Guest Services (2-3 days a week) and Housekeeping (2-3 days a week) depending on the week.
When working in Guest Services you can ski or snowboard all morning then start shift at 1:00 pm to help our guests and home owners have a ‘Memorable Mountain Experience’ by providing exceptional guest services.
When working in Housekeeping you will work with a team in the morning and then finish up by mid afternoon to enjoy all the going-ons at Big White for the rest of the day and evening. (As the season progresses, we provide more flexibility to our housekeeping teams to start later in the day - depending on performance of the teams and our schedule - to ensure staff can enjoy some skiing or snowboarding in the morning.)
Sounds interesting? Read on…
When working in Guest Services, you would be responsible to:
- Visit properties on a daily basis to provide quality control checks to ensure accommodations are ready for guest arrivals and standards for cleaning, supplies and maintenance are met
- Provide assistance with guests in a timely, friendly and professional manner
- Be first point-of-contact at Big White for guests after hours
- Complete administrative duties such posting cleaning schedules and inputting data into booking system, ensuring inventory of supplies is current and accurate
- Work with other staff such as maintenance, cleaning and accounting staff
- Resolve potential issues after guest check-in
- Assistant management with other tasks as required
When working in Housekeeping you would be responsible to:
- Thorough deep cleaning of our vacation chalets
- Cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms and kitchens
- Making beds, mopping and vacuuming, dusting, collecting linens for laundering
- Replenishing supplies in our vacation chalets
- Reporting repairs and maintenance issues
- Ensuring the presentation of our vacation homes is ready for our guests’ arrival, is welcoming and to the Chalets at Big White high standards.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
We need people who:
- Enjoy and thrive with variety and flexibility
- Can drive in Canada and are comfortable driving in winter conditions
- Have some previous experience in guest or customer service in the hospitality industry OR have some previous experience in housekeeping
- Pay attention to details
- Have strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Has proven computer skills
- Can be trusted to work independently but also enjoy working in a team environment
- Are able to multi-task and prioritize
- Must be able to work in Canada
Come and join a fun and friendly team this winter season!
At the end of the season, you will receive 50% reimbursement of your Big White Seasons pass.
Please be aware that accommodations are NOT provided with this position.
Contract length: 5 months
Expected start date: 2021-12-01
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $18.00-$19.00 per hour