WHO ARE WE? AMIX Systems Ltd. (AMIX) is a manufacturing company specializing in mixing plants for grout and cementitious slurries. AMIX has been creating some of the most reliable and high-performance fully automated grout mixing equipment as well as pumping, delivery, and storage systems. The global applications of our products include cemented rockfill, paste fill, soil mixing and tunnel boring machine segmental annular grouting.
AMIX provides complete project services, from engineering to hands-on training and support. AMIX leads by innovation and has assembled an experienced and dedicated staff predominantly located in Kamloops, B.C.
We encourage a balanced lifestyle and offer a fun working environment with room to grow. We hope you are up for a challenging and fulfilling career with AMIX Systems Ltd.
WHO ARE YOU?
Grout and Concrete Plant OperatorAMIX Systems is looking for a fixed term contract Grout and Concrete Plant Operator to assist our field service team with ongoing client support and operations. In this role, you will operate client owned grout and concrete mixing/batching equipment. Equipment specific training will be provided to successful candidates.
· Monitor, control, and operation of machinery to ensure proper mixing, batching and grout/concrete production.
· Conduct routine maintenance and repairs on plant equipment to ensure smooth operations.
· Perform pre-operation safety checklists and ensure adherence to all safety protocols.
· Engage in on site safety documentation and safe work practices.
· Ensure product being produced is within specified engineering and client specifications.
· Perform basic maintenance tasks such as
o Field level repairs as required.
· Maintain daily report sheets and timecards, for client billing and Quality Control
· Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction on-site.
· Identify opportunities for process improvements and enhance plant operations and product quality.
Education and Experience
· 1 to 3 years’ experience working in operations of grout or concrete systems or equipment.
· Mechanical Aptitude/ basic maintenance tasks. Familiarity with commercial and industrial workplace settings.
· Working alone or without direct supervision.
· Preventative maintenance of operating equipment.
· Use of basic hand tools.
· Use of PPE.
· Knowledge of WHIMIS.
· Problem solving skills.
· Strong communication skills and comfort in a client facing role.
· Have a Canadian Passport and/or be eligible to work in the USA
Desirable Skills and/or Experience:
· Experience in the use of PLC/HMI controlled systems
· Experience with travel and work away from home/remote work locations.
· Drug/Alcohol testing may be required
Work Schedule and Location
· Shift work/contract work
· Global sites as required, predominantly working in Canada/USA
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Contract length: 2 months
Salary: $45.00-$50.00 per hour
Expected hours: 40 per week
- Do you have at least 1-3 years of experience working with grout or concrete systems and equipment or similar machinery?
- Are you legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you available and willing to do shift/contract work in various locations in Canada, USA and potentially other global locations?
Work Location: On the road