Development Support Specialist (Quality Assurance)
This is a Hybrid position, NOT fully remote, must be able to attend our Abbotsford Office as needed.
We're Growing - Join Us!
At SpeedLine, you’ll work with experienced, dedicated, fun people to create and support our innovative point of sale (POS) software products that help restaurant operators and chain executives across North America succeed. We're growing quickly and looking for talented people to join us in providing current and next generation POS solutions (built on the latest cloud technologies) that restaurant companies use to deliver millions of pizzas every week.
The Development Support Specialist’s (DSS) primary responsibilities are to ensure the ongoing successful operation of SpeedLine’s customers’ POS systems and ensuring that quality standards are adhered in the development of SpeedLine’s software solutions.
Our expanding Development team is seeking an outstanding development support specialist to help tackle the exciting technical opportunities ahead and leverage industry's best software quality practices to add value to our products and services.
Some Key Responsibilities:
- Participate in the design discussions for enhancements to the company’s products, and in test planning, creation and execution of manual test cases.
- Research new hardware and software products as directed by Development Manager.
- Review and edit end-user documentation created by the Technical writing team.
- Review and revise the Quality Assurance process based on industry standards and practices.
- Continuously review project management systems to eliminate duplicates and refine feature requests and defect reports with additional details as necessary.
- Participate in triaging custom development and defect requests.
- Contribute to preparing business requirements documentation for Development related projects.
- Perform Quality Testing on software enhancements, bug fixes, etc., and identify risks as early as possible in the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Document, troubleshoot, and isolate problems encountered during testing.
- Contribute to the growing development knowledge base in the company.
- Analyze symptoms of technical problems and research solutions.
- Record and report on development statistics, feature requests, performance issues, and suspected bugs.
- Increase capabilities of the Trainers and Support team by documenting symptoms, causes, and solutions and providing coaching to technical problems.
- Provide advanced technical support to assigned prospects, customers, and partners.
- Collaborate with third party vendors as necessary to resolve technical problems.
- Act as point of contact for technical escalations to the Development team, and liaise with other departments providing support for escalations.
- Partner with the Training Specialist to develop training plans for new or updated products.
- Participate in first deployment and beta testing by assisting the Support Department in managing the customer release testing program.
- Provide solutions to reduce technical issues generating high call volume.
- Analyze support trends and forward recommendations to the Development Manager for action.
Skills We Require:
- Post-secondary degree, diploma, or certificate program in a related field (Preferred).
- Knowledge and experience of software development methodologies, including Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Conversant in programming languages, databases and SQL queries, as well as, knowledge and experience in advanced operating system, networking, and system support.
- Strong analytical, project management and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional organizational, communication, team work, follow-up and customer service skills.
- Attention to detail, and the ability to multitask and react quickly to changing priorities.
- Excellent typing and professional writing skills.
- Available to work a flexible schedule, and have and maintain reliable transportation.
Who We Are:
We are a leading tech employer in the Fraser Valley since 1990, and a Top 100 Tech Company in British Columbia, that prides itself in ensuring a work/life balance and personal growth for all of our employees.
The world market for pizza is $128 billion each year. Restaurant delivery is growing consistently in pizza, and explosively in the restaurant industry as a whole. That's great news at SpeedLine, where our local team develops, markets, and supports the leading point of sale solution for this large, technology-hungry industry. We have delivered software solutions to thousands of pizza, quick service, and multi-concept restaurants and chains.
- We deliver products and service that make our customers more successful. That’s our mission, and we work hard to achieve it.
- We work full, busy days, but outrageous long hours are not in our DNA. We believe in work/life balance, and we live it.
- Easy freeway access means our head office is an easy commute from anywhere in the Fraser Valley. It’s a lot easier to have a life when you don’t spend all your time in the car.
- Our counterparts at our US subsidiary spend much of their time on site at customers’ restaurant locations and offices—but they work from a home base only minutes away from our headquarters.
- A great product and reputation attracts strong talent. All of that adds up to an attractive place to work—and an experienced and tenured team.
- Extended health, dental, vision care, as well as travel and life insurance.
- Annual salary and performance reviews, with regular one-on-one coaching sessions.
- Career development, comprehensive training, and tuition reimbursement.
- Ongoing refresher training and associate programs, to support your professional growth, career path, and long-term success.
- Company support for employee wellness, fun, and giving back through Health & Wellness, Green, and Giving committee events and initiatives.
- Regular onsite and offsite staff social events throughout the year hosted by our Social Committee.
- Comfortable, business casual dress.
- Customize your work space.
- Employee and peer formal recognition programs.
- Monthly staff breakfast or lunch events.
- A dynamic team of 90+ employees with a great balance of longer tenured employees and newer team members, all of whom are excited to offer support and guidance to our new arrivals.
- End of year holiday party with meal and prizes.
- Free parking.
- Free employee Wi-Fi.
- Games Room with ping pong, darts, foosball, and rod-hockey, including tournaments.
- Multiple kitchenettes convenient to each department.
- Free coffee, tea, and hot chocolate
- Spacious main lunch room with fully functioning kitchen (don’t just bring your lunch, make it fresh) and a balcony to enjoy your coffee or lunch outdoors.
- Comfy, relaxing lounge with a big screen TV.
- Nearby shopping and restaurants.
Clearly outlining your relevant experience, please include, using PDF format only, your resume and cover letter with the subject line "Development Support Specialist - Your Name".
No telephone inquiries please. Must be eligible to work in Canada.
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
To obtain more information and view our “Working at SpeedLine” video, visit our website at www.speedlinesolutions.com/careers.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $55,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
SpeedLine Solutions cares about the health and wellness of our current and potential employees. We have taken all of the necessary steps to ensure that our workplace is clean and sanitized and have all policies in place to help our team remain safe.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Abbotsford, BC V2T 5W5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)