Rehab First is one of Ontario's largest multidisciplinary assessment and treatment organizations, numbering approximately 100 professional staff who are supported by the Psychologists and Physicians of our MEDNet® roster. Our values of sincerity, commitment and self-improvement inspire us to restore hope and function to clients whose lives have been affected by serious injury and illness. Our disciplines include Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Speech-Language Pathology, Counselling, Professional Case Management, Rehabilitation Therapy, Life Care Planning and Future Care Cost Reporting. At Rehab First, Occupational Therapists perform assessments and treatments on a wide variety of cases and are often assigned Case Lead responsibilities on the complex ones.
Regional Manager employed with Rehab First work collaboratively in a client-centered environment and is exposed to a wide range of case responsibilities, which can range from providing support to clients involved in motor vehicle collisions, to complex workplace accommodations for clients referred by employers or disability insurers and oversee staff members. Client exposure ranges from pediatrics to geriatrics who have experienced serious injuries and illnesses including brain injury, spinal cord injury, various orthopedic injuries, affective concerns and psycho-social conditions that act as barriers to recovery and reengagement in daily activities. Regional Manager ensures all processes are performed in a timely and efficient manner and supervises activities of a multidisciplinary team.
If you are a self-directed, experienced professional who wants to be part of a supportive and collaborative team and whose ideal role includes direct one on one patient care, a flexible schedule, continuing education, and the opportunity to have a meaningful and significant impact on the client’s quality of life in a collegial environment, Rehab First invites you to apply for a full time Regional Manager position that serves the Ottawa region.
- Supervises and evaluates staff members
- Demonstrated leadership with successful marketing and communication plans and strategies
- Responsible for adherence to the program budgets and makes budget recommendations to the Regional Director
- Manage a team so the financial budget set for the team is met and surpassed
- Excellent decision making skills with the ability to form/defend independent opinions and to use good judgement in assessing difficult situations
- Ability to effectively work with diversity and appreciate that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring richness to the challenge or situation at hand
- Participate in the management team at Rehab First Inc., and to assist other members of the management team with meeting and surpassing company objectives
- Ensure high-quality assessments and treatments are consistently delivered by the clinicians within the department, including any files or clients that they may be personally working with.
- Be able to assess the level of work that is being done within the department
- Responsible for building strong working relationships with our customers, for ensuring that our customers are satisfied with the level of services that they are being provided by Rehab First staff
- Will coordinate their work schedules in order to attend client appointments and team meetings, as well as the designation of time for treatment preparation, travel, reporting and administrative duties
- Programs considered appropriate for the position include:
- A university degree in Occupational Therapy with Current registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario or
- A Master’s Degree or equivalent in Physiotherapy from a recognized school of physiotherapy with current registration with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario or
- A Master’s level university degree (MSW) with current registration in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers or
- A Registered Nurse with current certification with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Demonstrated knowledge of best rehabilitation practices and case management principles
- Clinical experience with spinal cord injury and traumatic brain injury is preferred
- Strategic, innovative, and creative approach to challenges and opportunities
- Excellent time management skills, a self-starter and a collaborative team player.
- Completion of a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check
Rehab First offers
- Opportunity to work from home or office (laptop and phone provided)
- Flexible schedule and autonomy to manage time effectively and productively
- Experienced, personable and accessible management for ongoing support and mentorship
- Administrative support
- Diverse caseload
- Professional development support
All applicants must also have a valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle and be willing to travel.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Ottawa, ON (Preferred)