At Providence Therapeutics, we Ignite the Cure Within. We are a rapidly growing Canadian mRNA company focusing on getting the best quality vaccines to the places that need it most. We are on the leading edge of vaccine development and are on the hunt for people with an adventurous mindset to join us. We want to make a difference and help heal the World.
Providence Therapeutics is looking for a Supply Chain Specialist to join the team in Calgary. In this role, you will report to the Vice President of Manufacturing and Technical Operations. The Supply Chain Specialist will assist with the supply chain process, including the procurement of raw materials for production and the transport of finished goods to our customers. This position relies on trend forecasting to predict our inventory needs based on the potential needs of our customer base. You will communicate with project managers and external suppliers to ensure there is no halt in production. Our ideal applicant has a bachelor’s degree in supply chain management as well as an APICS certification.
How we plan on keeping you busy:
- Work with operations team and external suppliers to ensure customer needs are fulfilled.
- Assist with procurement and inventory control.
- Communicate potential gaps in supply to ensure adequate inventory management of items in short supply.
- Compile and maintain a high quality of all data in all reporting and documentation.
- Ensure compliance to current SOPs that are pertinent to your scope of activities.
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverables, dependencies, risks, and issues, communicating across leadership.
- Optimize inventory performance via trend forecasting.
- Develop and maintain a system for tracking orders, deliveries, shipments etc.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Other related tasks as assigned.
What will help you get here:
- Bachelor’s degree required preferably in Business or Supply Chain.
- APICS certification highly desirable (CPIM or CSCP).
- 5 years’ supply chain and business alliance experience preferably in Pharmaceutical/Biotech/Medical Device industry.
- Experience with CMOs/CDMOs and third-party manufacturers.
- Experience with ERP software.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment within a diverse organization and have a high level of independence for planning and executing job requirements.
- Conducts business in a credible and ethical manner.
- Ability to work on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Strong time management skills and willingness to adapt to changing priorities.
- Multi-task and effectively manage timelines
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Analytical thinker with strong problem resolution skills; anticipates and detects supply issues and initiates the prompt resolution to minimize or negate market impact.
- Above average computer skills including MS Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Minimal travel may be required.
What will help you succeed:
The Supply Chain Specialist is expected to have a working knowledge of cGMP, Health Canada/FDA regulations, firm understanding of Commercial Operations, Quality and Regulatory, as well as a broad understanding of pharmaceutical and biotech industries with solid understanding of drug licensing and the drug development and scale up process.
Experience in understanding and interpretation of contractual language required.
Pharmaceutical experience desired in either biologics or vaccines.
What it’s like to work with us:
At Providence Therapeutics, you’ll be working with a clinical Canadian Bio-Tech company that is innovating in the fast-growing mRNA space. We are focused on helping and healing people around the world. We are looking for culture builders and visionaries to help us make our COVID 19 and Cancer programs a reality. You truly have an opportunity to have a positive impact on individuals lives.
About applying with Providence Therapeutics:
Get creative with your application to us. Everybody sends a resume and cover letter, what are you going to do to stand out and be noticed? Be creative, be bold!
Posting closes: September 30, 2021
Job Type: Full-time