Scarborough Family Physicians Network (S-FPN) is a network of family physicians that have come together to build an organization that in its maturity will be truly representative, inclusive of all family physicians. Members of Scarborough FPN working together will serve as a united voice for the interests of primary care physicians, patients and community. The attributed population of almost 900,000 is the largest in the province. S-FPN is working together with the Scarborough Ontario Health Team (S-OHT) and our Client and Family Advisory Committee to co-design practical solutions to providing care.
Scarborough is a vibrant and diverse community. While we face some hard challenges when it comes to social determinants of health, access to proper care and health literacy, we also have the passion, drive and determination to meet these challenges head on. Working together with our partners, we are setting the course to deliver better care and services for all the residents of Scarborough.
Building on our long history of collaboration, together, we can and will transform how care is provided for the people of Scarborough. As a united partnership, we are embarking on an ambitious path to build the Scarborough Family Physicians Network Team.
Scarborough Family Physicians Network - Mission, Vision and Values:
Mission - To be the unified voice of primary care physicians in Scarborough. Through our leadership, patients will have timely access to both specialist and allied health care which will have timely access to both specialist and allied health care which will in turn improve provider and patient satisfaction.
Vision - Scarborough - FPN and its community family physicians lead the transformation of health care delivery in Scarborough
Values - Values of the S-FPN include the following and lead to EPIC CARE:
***Working on behalf of the Scarborough Family Physicians Network), Scarborough Health Network (SHN) invites you to apply to the Administrative Assistant, Scarborough Family Physicians Network position. This position is a temporary full-time contract for 12 months with the possibility of renewal.***
This position will play a key role in the exciting transformation of health care delivery in Scarborough. The Administrative Assistant, will work closely with the Manager of the Scarborough Family Physicians Network to engage a wide range of stakeholders that will result in the delivery of integrated and seamless care to patients across the Scarborough community.
The Administrative Assistant is a highly professional individual who will provide a range of administrative support services for the Manager of the Scarborough Family Physicians Network. Additionally, the AA will act as an integral member of the FPN team who is self-directed, proactive, flexible, competent in determining priorities, exercises excellent judgement, and discretion with confidential information in this position.
Company Vacancy/Request for Transfer:
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
- Provides confidential senior executive support to the Manager, SPFN as well as other members of leadership.
- Provides strategic planning, project management and implementation support in the areas of quality improvement, clinical program evaluation, health informatics and organizational communications.
- Responsible for all routine administrative details including filing, ordering supplies, record-keeping, required reporting, and maintaining updated contact lists.
- Monitor and track financial expenditures of the SFPN.
- Calendar management support to the Director, Manager and SFPN staff by scheduling appointments, avoiding time conflicts, and preparing advance meeting materials.
- Provides research, business analysis and evaluation and provides information, advice and recommendations to decision-makers.
- Assists in the development of reports and presentations.
- Supports regular communication with a wide variety of SPFN and SOHT partners/members, including but not limited to: group email announcements, workshop planning and registrations.
- Act as the point of contact for general inquiries about the Scarborough Family Physicians Network and make referrals appropriately. This could include phone, email, or website questions.
- Attend meetings and take detailed minutes.
- Provide planning and preparation support for large group activities (virtual and in-person, if possible).
- Monitor and make recommendations on strategies to improve efficiencies in SFPN office practices.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of office administration experience in a health or human service setting.
- Post-secondary degree in one of the following: Communications, Business Administration, Office Administration or equivalent.
- Excellent computer skills including Office 365 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, MS Teams, ZOOM).
- Knowledge of various software and design programs is a definite asset.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Critical thinking and strong ability to work independently and proactively anticipate needs of work that needs to be done
- Project management and event management experience is a strong asset
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to provide administrative support to multiple projects and stakeholders while constantly adjusting priorities
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills including, ability to demonstrate tact and diplomacy with diverse groups of stakeholders, including patients, front-line healthcare providers, community agencies, and healthcare administrators
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Previous working experience in an emerging/start-up organization is an asset
- Strong understanding and adherence to confidentiality
- Highly organized
- Ability to adjust to short term change and act with urgency.
- Ability to support multiple responsibilities and prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Demonstrates sound judgement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of computer applications, notably Microsoft Office
- Ability to foster positive and respectful internal and external relationships/partnerships.
- Hybrid Remote and office environment.
S-FPN embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. S-FPN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.