Shift Supervisor Job Description
To assist the General Manager (GM) in managing the business resources to drive sales performance and exceptional customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Utilizing sales techniques to achieve or exceed sales targets set by ownership and GM.
· Ensuring all staff are trained on all mandatory and new sales training techniques, products, and offerings
· Ensures staff are trained to appropriate sales standards.
· Utilizing sales reporting data to assist GM in achieving sales targets
· Assists GM in training to staff a customer first mentality and provide superior customer service, consultations, and product demonstrations.
· Assists in collecting customer feedback
· Assists GM in answering in person and online customer questions regarding products, return policies, etc.
· Consistently show exceptional customer service in all transactions
· Ensures employees present a professional image to the public in accordance with store guidelines
· Assist GM in empowering employees to ensure customer satisfaction as well as to achieve sales targets.
· Assist GM in ensuring all staff are following the standard operating procedures within the store
· Assist GM in onboarding and training of new Budtenders
· Assist GM in monitoring and maintaining inventory levels of all Cannabis products
· Assist GM in conducting daily huddles with staff to keep staff informed of sales targets, AGCO and other regulatory compliance, upcoming products, and company initiatives
· Assist GM in achieving productivity metrics
· Ensures all staff are maintaining store cleanliness and image
· Responsible for opening/closing the store
· Determines eligibility, and process returns
· Preforms cash skims / cash audits
Marketing and Merchandising
· Assist in the implementation of in store marketing programs
· Ensures staff know about upcoming promotions to share with customers
· Ensures store merchandising is to store standards
· Assist GM with ensuring all store signage reflects promotions, policies and procedures and AGCO standards
· Assist GM in social media outreach of Mellow Leaf and in maintaining the brand.
· Assist GM in employee performance reviews for Budtenders, if required progressive discipline in consultation with GM.
· Provides direction under guidance and consultation with GM
· Assist GM in creating and maintaining a positive work environment with a healthy sales culture
· Provide support to all parts of the store
Qualifications and Experience:
· Independent thinking and decision making- able to make decisions when dealing with issues or problems that occur when the GM is not available. Must consult with GM and/or Ownership on significant changes.
· Planning and preparation for inventory management
· Work with GM to monitor and maintain inventory to ensure strong in-stock position conducive to sales.
· Work with GM to achieve financial goals for the business
· Work with GM to create standard operating procedures to maintain store image, standards and AGCO regulations
· Identify and recognize superior performance of employees
· Has demonstrated ability to drive the business and lead by example
· Must work effectively with all employees and management
· Efficient time management ability
· Retail Experience preferred
· Supervisory experience preferred
· Cannabis sales experience an asset.
· Social media experience is an asset
· Commitment to providing exceptional customer service
· Minimum Age 19 years old
· CannSell certification an asset (required if application is successful)
· Criminal Records check (level 2 required)
· Ability to work flexible shifts which may include nights and weekends
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.00-$19.00 per hour
- Why are you interest in working in the Cannabis Industry?