This position will provide administrative duties to a Cardiac Sciences physician at BC Children’s hospital, including but not limited to:
- MSP Physician billing
- Providing basic accounting and bookkeeping.
- Managing physician schedules; receiving and communicating messages for staff and patients, and coordinating meetings.
- Manage on-call schedule
- Assist with credentialing of Clinical fellows and locums
- Point of contact for Medical student rotations and scheduling within the service.
- Receiving and making telephone calls, facsimiles and e-mail.
- Ordering office supplies
- Opening, organizing and maintaining patient charts; gathering and sending data
- Provide back up support for surgery scheduling including operating room bookings, clinic consultations, clinic follow-ups, and diagnostic tests.
- Microsoft office suite 2010 proficiency especially with outlook, work, and excel
- 1-3 years experience in a clinic setting including, an in-patient or hospital setting.
- MOA certificate or diploma preferred
Work hours are Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM. Given the nature of the Practice, these hours of work will be those required to meet the objectives of your employment, and may be irregular or vary slightly, from day to day. Competitive salary along with vacation and sick time offered.
We look forward to hearing from those interested. Please provide resume and cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time
- Medical Administrative: 3 years (Required)
- Administrative assistant: 3 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Vancouver, BC (Preferred)