Job Description: General Manager
About Alair Homes
Are you interested in joining the largest and fastest growing premium custom builder in North America? Are you looking for potential career growth from project management to the possibility of becoming an Equity Partner in an established business? Alair Homes Belleville is a multi-million dollar, established business that is offering a once in a lifetime opportunity for the right person to excel with the possibility to move into Equity Ownership. There are hundreds of career success stories from Project Managers and Partners all over Canada and the United States. This is not a start-up, rather a successful, highly profitable established business.
Since its founding in 2007, Alair Homes has grown to more than 100 markets across Canada and the United States. Alair is in the business of helping their employees, clients, and business partners overcome the obstacles they face to live a healthier, happier, more comfortable and more productive lifestyle.
Alair Homes Belleville is locally owned and operated for over 3 years, specializing in offering luxury Custom Homes and renovations through Alair’s Client Control custom home building services. This position is well-equipped to provide exceptional training for new Project Managers, to ensure success and satisfaction and a simple path to personal and professional growth.
About the General Manager Role at Alair Homes Belleville
We’re looking for a full-time, dynamic General Manager to join our growing team. You’ll work directly with the Partner, your clients, your project managers, your carpenters, and trusted designers and trades, to fully develop and construct amazing custom homes and renovations following our award-winning process-driven system. The satisfaction of being responsible from start to finish, of helping your clients realize their dreams, is immensely gratifying.
You will be responsible for helping our team grow, but also helping our team be more accountable and more process driven. You will be in charge of local business growth, maintaining and establishing new local trade relationships, weekly project meetings with project managers and carpenters and ensuring general success across our many projects.
As our current office establishes itself, you will be responsible for helping a team grow into a new office with direct opportunity for partial ownership if desired. You will be part of the day-to-day operations, while also looking forward to the future and the growth of this business.
To be as clear cut and honest as possible, we are looking for someone that wants to help grow a business and wants to gain ownership in that business. This business is built to scale and we have hit a critical point that the General Manager position is required in order to continue to grow and grow well. This position will have the opportunity for ownership if the right person is in place. Ideally this person has already ran a residential construction business in the past, or has direct previous experience in both business ownership and residential construction. This is an incredible opportunity to join an incredible organization and have the opportunity to create long-term success and be a great member of our community.
An Alair Homes General Manager will:
· Have an expert knowledge of residential construction
· Have incredibly strong communication skills
· Know how to lead and work with a talented team
· Be able to properly delegate certain tasks while also take charge of others that require your attention
· Maintain communication with the office manager everyday and the partner as needed
· Hold weekly project progress meetings with the project managers, weekly or monthly calls with clients and weekly site visits
· Support the team in all aspects of the project by collaborating with other market stakeholders to align goals and meet company objectives
· Attend and facilitate job progress/status meetings with carpenters and the partner on a weekly basis.
· Aid the project managers to monitor project budgets and review with client at billing milestones.
· Ability to really listen to client and team
· 5-10 years residential construction/renovation management experience
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Winning first impression
· Ability to lead
· Process driven
· Clean driving record
· Previous business ownership would be an asset
Skills, Specialized Knowledge, and Attitude
· Strong written and verbal communication skills; clarity and respect!
· Very comfortable working with computer software, and able to learn new software
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel and the general Microsoft operating system
· Passion for helping and working with people
· Creative problem solver
· Project management experience
· Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
· Attention to detail and deadlines
· Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle is required
· Ideal candidates will have at least 5 years of project management experience. Send resume and salary requirements for immediate consideration
What We Can Offer You
· Competitive salary and Benefits package
· Performance bonuses
· Proven career path for professional project management and direct path to ownership/equity ownership
Job Type: Full-time
Full-time hours: 35-45 Hours per week
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $34.00 – $40.00 per hour
Expected start date: 07-01-2021
Expected start date: 2021-07-05
Alair Homes provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $75,000.00-$85,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Covid -19 protocols in place for interview process.
- construction: 5 years (required)
- Management: 5 years (required)