What does work look like to you? For us, it’s working in a fast, collaborative environment where everyone contributes. We are tasked with imaging and creating the “what’s next” and for that we need creative people who are excited to dig in.
We are building a brand-new team for an established US based tech company right here in Vancouver and we need your talent. Does being employee number 3 excite or terrify you? If being team player that can tackle anything in a fast paced environment excites you, then we should talk.
As a 3D Modeler, you’ll be helping us build amazing characters, costumes, props, and creatures for upcoming projects. As a 3D Artist, you will work with the team to help drive the vision and aesthetic forward while building the foundation of a team that pushes the boundaries of what’s possible in 3D art and one of the world’s most fun and versatile avatar engines. Whether it’s working directly with consumers, entertainment studios or leading digital platforms, we push ourselves to find, develop and refine the experiences and tools that are changing how people identify with and explore a world of mixed realities.
In this position, you’ll be integral to the content creation part of our pipeline on all character and prop assets for our extensive avatar library. You’ll report to the Creative Director who will help set your workflow and provide aesthetic feedback, ensuring all our work meets our customer’s needs. The role will be yours to innovate and create new processes and quality standards for how we develop our assets. We’ll look to you to ensure the utmost level of quality is being produced by Tafi Avatars.
People who tend to excel most in this position typically have:
· Expert in modeling and texturing using Maya (or equivalent), ZBrush, Photoshop, and Substance Painter (Designer a plus)
· Experience with real-time asset creation, which involves:
o Modeling game topology and how it impacts memory, rigging, and animation
o Efficient UV unwrapping/layout for games and how it impacts memory
o Physically-Based Rendering texture creation and workflow
o Skinning/weighting for games
· Experience with real-time engines such as Unity or Unreal
· Able to work in a High to Low poly workflow or strictly a Low poly workflow
· Able to work off limited design/references when needed
· Able to follow direction, critique, and apply feedback
· Understanding of form, structure, silhouette, and aesthetics regarding modeling
· Understanding of light, shading, color, and details regarding texture creation
· Self-motivated, collaborative attitude in a team environment
· Strong attention to detail
· Actively refining processes and pipeline for efficiency and time-savings
· Assisting and teaching skills and techniques to junior artists.
Exemplary candidates should have:
· Relevant character experience in a similar field (film, tv, animation)
· Experience in a related field, such as illustration, animation, visual effects
· Experience with character clothing creation
· Experience with scripting
· Passion for games, film, animation
· Strong understanding of next generation asset creation pipelines in engines like UE4, Unity or equivalent
· Ability to model and texture in a range of realistic to stylized workflows
· Understanding of blend shapes and how they are implemented
· Enthusiastically lending a hand on a variety of tasks when asked
· Experience with JIRA, Perforce, and other project management tools
But one of the biggest things we thrive on is passion and ability for the unexpected. If you think you have something we should be looking for, show us the portfolio and work that makes us see it.
Our team is waiting to see what you can do! Let’s talk.
A few more solid reasons to be a part of our team:
· Competitive salary
· Quarterly bonus potential
· Health, dental, vision insurance with most or all of premiums paid by the company
· Unlimited paid vacation potential
· Paid monthly gym membership allowance
· Monthly parking / transit allowance
· Casual dress code
Only digital applications will be accepted such as a website, blog or online album. Physical media will not be accepted.
Must be able to complete an art test if required.
Job Type: Full-time