We are looking to add a Dispatcher to our Peterborough location. This position is part of the operation team and will play a vital role in contributing to the efficient operation of company. They will report directly to the Office Manager and will work collaboratively with the other members of the team.
The position will primarily be required to preform dispatching duties during local run times within the Peterborough area. This requires clear and concise communicating while being professionally and balancing the needs of drivers, customers, and the office in a fair and consistent manner.
The ideal candidate will be able savvy with the Regional road network, have great communication skills, strong attention for details, all while being able to work in a fast-paced environment as a valuable team member.
- Collaborate with management to modify daily routes to accommodate the needs of our customers.
- Monitor routes and maintain contact with drivers throughout the shift.
- Act as the communication contact through the two-way radio system and answer incoming phone calls from drivers, parents or other stakeholders.
- Develop strong relationships with drivers and customers to reduce the stress that comes with last minute schedule changes.
- Ability to preform a variety of different office/administrative tasks as required to assist with the overall operation of the office.
- Be a valuable part of the operations team by displaying a positive attitude, helping others, and going the extra to get the job done right.
- Topnotch knowledge of the Peterborough and Regional road network.
- Effective skills using MS Office Suite and Outlook.
- Excellent organization, attention to detail and time management skills.
- First-rate interpersonal, communication and customer service skills in stressful situations.
- General understanding of the mechanics of a bus would be considered a definite asset.
What we offer:
- Salaried Position, Full Time, with Benefits after 3 months.
- Supportive and experienced environment to learn from.
- Monday to Fridays, Shifts Between 6:00am - 5:00pm, must be Flexible.
Student Transportation of Canada is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate in our selection process, please reach out to a member of our Recruitment Team.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 /year
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Maintain contact with drivers throughout their shifts and address any routing issues they might have
- Monitor road conditions, construction zones, and accidents in order to revise routes as needed
- Other duties as requested