We are looking for a passionate individual that can work on manufacturing and testing our proprietary antimicrobial substrates. Additionally, this person is expected to help with the efficiency, performance, documentation and maintenance of our laboratory. The candidate will be working in a dynamic environment with highly motivated and dedicated research scientists, graduate students and engineers and will be communicating with the team members on a regular basis.
Required Degree and Experience:
The candidate should hold a Bachelors or Masters degree in Engineering (Bioengineering, Chemical engineering, Materials engineering or similar) or Sciences (Chemistry, Biochemistry, Health sciences or similar).
The applicant must have experience with performing biological assay and/or bacterial pathogenic or mammalian cell culture. Experience in working with viruses is a plus.
A minimum of one-year experience in a wet lab is required. Any prior lab management and research coordination experience will be a plus.
Job Description and qualifications
· Responsible for manufacturing proprietary surfaces and documentation of SOPs and results
· Responsible for performing bacterial and viral titration assays
· Responsible for carrying out a diverse range of work activities; ensure all duties and responsibilities are prioritized and handled with accuracy and efficiency providing quality results
· Demonstrate knowledge of biological assays, chemical handling, sample preparation, running and maintaining several laboratory equipment. Expertise with Biofilm charactrization is a plus.
· Responsible for reagent and chemical and laboratory equipment ordering and restocking
· Maintain a clean, safe and orderly work environment
· Laboratory environment: may handle biohazardous materials and chemicals/reagents
· Ensure biohazardous handled in compliance with university procedures
· Self-motivated and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
· The candidate must have proven ability to be highly productive and dedicated in a high pace work environment with excellent attention to details and meticulous bench work
· Strong verbal and written communication skills are required
· Competency in computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Prior knowledge about working in BSL2+ laboratories and responsibility for maintaining these laboratories would be a plus
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Personal Protective Equipment, routine disinfection, and social distancing are implemented in our labs to mitigate the risk of COVID-19