Description du poste
Bakemark is the expert wholesaler-distributor serving the bakery and pastry industry in Eastern Canada.
Job Title: Operations Supervisor (Day shift)
Department: Warehouse, Distribution and Manufacturing
Location: Mississauga ON
Reports to: Operations Manager (direct)
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Directs, supervises and coordinates warehouse, distribution and delivery activities for the BakeMark division. Ensures both internal & external customers are satisfied and fulfilled with business outputs and responsiveness. Follows at all times BakeMark's guiding principles, Best Practices polices, process improvement and cultural attitude. Continually reviews operational processes in order to maximize productivity, increase efficiency and improve quality. Always keeps the BakeMark Mission and related strategies as a primary focus and goal. Hands-on role in maintaining the organization to meet or exceed objectives, based on profit and return on capital by performing the following principal accountabilities personally, or through others:
PRINCIPAL/ESSENTIAL ACCOUNTABILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Serves as a member of the divisional team for required meetings and special projects.
· Compiles, stores, and retrieves relevant data.
· Assists with creating the structure and processes necessary to manage the current activities and projected growth.
· Co-ordinates activities of the department for which responsibility is delegated for further attainment of goals and objectives.
· Understands and is responsible for complying with company operational policies.
· Schedules manufacturing and warehouse activities in a manner to maximize efficiency and inventory turnover while ensuring the needs of the customers are met.
· Maintains good communication with other departments, e.g. sales, accounting, QA and purchasing.
· Investigates and reports defective or unacceptable goods or services with management, sales and quality control personnel, to determine the source of the trouble and takes necessary corrective action.
· Understands and ensures compliance with GDP as well as all warehousing and distribution processes, policies, practices and procedures.
· Works with the Operations Manager reviewing operational procedures and GDP policies to determine if changes in the programs or operations need to be implemented.
· Assists with managing and maintaining the accuracy of the inventory to meet the company’s goal of 99% plus service level.
· Constantly seeks out cost reduction opportunities.
Customer Focus (Internal/External)
· Follows up on customer requests and questions to ensure appropriate response is made and customer is satisfied.
· Treats all customers with dignity, respect, courtesy, and kindness.
· Acts in a manner that conveys a positive image of the company to all customers.
· Accepts responsibility to consider how actions affect our customers and our company.
· Assists the Operations Manager in the preparation of short-term and long-range goals and objectives for the warehouse and transportation areas that are based on corporate and branch goals and growth objectives.
· Ensure all best practices are adhered to at all times.
· Ensure operational expenses are inline with budgeted parameters.
· To co-ordinate inventory cycle counts as per the set procedure and reports all inventory discrepancies with reasons and solutions to the Operations Manager.
· Record daily employee productivity and make available to the Operations Manager.
· Manage and report all safety, repairs and maintenance requirements to the Operations Manager.
· Ensure the facility is maintained and ensure all operational audits are performed as to the set procedure and follow-up on shortcomings.
· Purchases warehouse and manufacturing supplies within the budgeted guidelines as required.
· Lead, guide, train and motivate warehousing/delivery staff (up to 15) to meet company goals and expectations.
· Report all employee issues to assist with ensuring all issues are addressed within the Company guidelines or as stated in the Collective Agreement including grievances and disciplinary action.
· Scheduling manpower requirements in line with budgeted productivity goals.
· Assist with coordinating the safety committee and ensure it operates within the guidelines as set out by the Workers Compensation Board.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $58,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-09-25