Our Company, a growing subcontractor, is currently looking for a Concrete Superintendent to be a part of our growing team.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing a crew of 5 to 8 workers, ordering materials and maintaining inventory levels, and ensuring projects are completed on time and on budget.
Being able to effectively manage the time of the crews while maximizing productivity will be one of the keys to success in this challenging role.
Not being afraid to jump in and get your hands dirty to ensure success is another.
Specific Employee Management Duties
- Ensure company safety policies and job procedures are adhered to
- Assign work and effectively communicate tasks to the team and individuals
- Conduct periodic evaluations for all direct reports and ensure training and development is provided to assist in the achievement of corporate goals
- Liaise with sub trades, building owners/managers, and engineers for project information, updates, and changes.
- Knowledge of concrete delamination repair procedures
- 10 years’ experience in the construction industry, with a focus on concrete restoration
- 5 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity with strong people management skills
- Hydrodemolition experience and maintenance and asset
- Basic knowledge of construction management
- Time management, multitasking, and the ability to successfully handle multiple projects with competing priorities
- Strong problem solving skills
- Commitment to safety, integrity, and teamwork
- Completion of Leadership for Safety Excellence
Our company offers a competitive hourly wage with opportunities for development, profit sharing, benefits, and RRSP contributions.
Job Type: Full-time
- Concrete Restoration: 5 years (Preferred)
- supervisory: 2 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Preferred)