A service-driven paper and packaging products company, Atlantic Packaging has grown to become one of Canada’s largest paper manufacturers and a leading producer of packaging products. Our organization employs approximately 1000 people at eight manufacturing plants and four distribution centers.
We have a great opportunity for a Logistics Manager who is a self-starter with strong analytical skills and a bias for action to implement great ideas. In this role you will need to be a collaborator with the ability to build consensus among multiple stakeholders. You are a change agent with organizational savvy capable of securing the resources to push your projects ahead. A natural communicator, you are at ease talking with the shippers on the floor up to and including the President.
This position works closely with all levels of Management and partners with the Transportation, Shipping, Garage and Customs functions.
Key responsibilities include:
- monitor ( logistics / distribution costs ) and be able to explain deviations from budgets or prior years
- utilize knowledge of logistics / distribution costs to drive continuous improvement
- establish and implement projects aimed at being the low cost operator in our market
- collaborate with shipping departments to implement best in class systems
- be able to replicate best in class solutions across multiple locations
- utilize technology ( i.e., GPS, Block chain ) to drive efficiencies and low cost operations
- monitor and direct distribution assets ( i.e., trailers ) to ensure optimal utilization and allocations
- collaborate with business partners to minimize equipment damage and repairs
- work with the shipping departments to find effective solutions and drive efficiencies
- work with operations to maximize cube, weight and efficiencies
- be able to establish logistics systems with tight controls and build the ability to set up systems to manage by exception
- create reports as required and be able to present findings to projects in a complete and professional manner
- may include work on Customs, Fleet and Garage
Your are positioned for success with the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree in the field, including programs in transportation systems, finance and business operations
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in transportation, operations and logistics in a fast paced, high volume environment
- Proficient with analytical and reporting tools with the ability to present information in a digestible manner
Atlantic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.