JOIN THE FLOW
ICONIX is a family of real world problem solvers. We provide the products and services that are essential to keeping water flowing for everyone. We’re looking for smart people like you who can make a real difference.
Iconix has an immediate openings for Meter Readers for the City of Surrey. This is a 12 month Casual Contract. The successful candidates will read utility meters and enter data into route books or handheld computers as per established procedures.
Join our team and enjoy flexible hours and competitive piecemeal pay with no ceiling for earnings! Paid on-the-job training provided!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Walks or drives vehicle along established routes to take meter readings
- Records readings as per established processes, and completes any necessary documentation
- Uploads meter reading information to the database as per established procedures
- Reports any meter irregularities, damaged equipment, or impediments to meter access to appropriate department
- Directs any customer inquiries to the appropriate customer service centre.
- Leaves messages to arrange different times to read meters in cases where meters are not accessible
- Performs other related duties as required
What do you need to be a Meter Reader?
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must have own vehicle.
- Self-motivated, working independently, as well as with the team.
- Computer skills an asset
ICONIX is a leading independent waterworks partner who offers an agile, expert team of trusted, technical problem solvers, providing reliable access to innovative products and services for businesses and communities across North America that depend on essential infrastructure. We’re building a community of brilliant problem solvers. This is a place where you will be empowered to do your best work. We need real-time problem solvers like you to join our team.
ICONIX is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Accommodations are available upon request. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
ICONIX Waterworks is proud to be part of the Deschênes Group, which has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 11 straight years. This great result is only made possible by the commitment of all employees within the Deschênes Group, which has been a Platinum Member, the highest level of recognition that can be achieved within this awards program, since 2015.
Job Type: Casual