Job title :
PATIENT REGISTRATION CLERK
ROYAL INLAND HOSPITAL
PERMANENT PART TIME (0.71 FTE)
Royal Inland Hospital in Kamloops, BC is looking for a Permanent Part Time Patient Registration Clerk. Apply today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
- A current 5 Minute Typing Test 45 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution;
- Your High School Diploma;
- Your Resume indicating two year’s recent related experience;
- A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
- Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
This position performs a variety of clerical duties related to receiving and registering of patients and cashier functions such as:
Hours of work:
- Patient registration;
- Identifies bed booking options;
- Clerical duties - typing, compiling and distributing various documents/lists/schedules, completing data entry for pre-admissions, admissions, discharges, and transfers;
- Cashier duties – receives payments, records payments in cash journals and/or summary sheets, issues change and receipts;
- Receives, checks and deposits patient valuables for safekeeping;
- Records and enters data related to the operations of the morgue;
- Receives patients/visitors and directs to appropriate areas;
- Processes requests for patient telephone system, setting up phone and payment plan.
Rotating, Nights - 22:30 to 06:30, 23:00 to 07:00, 23:59 to 07:59
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces. Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- Grade 12,
- Medical Terminology Course,
- Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Completion of a 5 Minute Typing Test 45 wpm or greater, dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
- Ability to keyboard at 45 wpm.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**