We are looking for an Agent Support & Escalations Representative to support the secure and efficient operations of the call centre which require the coordination of teamwork, solid planning as well as responsiveness and problem solving, while managing sensitive information. This position will provide guidance, leadership and support to CSRs as well as contribute to day to day decisions relating to call centre operations and complex inquires. They must exercise good judgment, decision making skills, and be able to handle ambiguity. This position sets the standard for customer satisfaction for our retailers and the public (corporate goal > 95%). The activities of the position often need to be done ‘on the spot’ in order to address immediate CSR and client needs.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Call Centre Operations the Agent Support & Escalation Representative provides leadership and guidance to Customer Service Representatives (CSR). They are considered to be experts on call centre operations, procedures, policies, investigations and are responsible for CSR escalations, public complaints and social media escalations brought forward by our Communications team. The position includes shift work and “On Call” rotation covering the total call centre hours of operation, seven days a week, current business hours 6am-10pm, 365 days a year. Please note: 24/7 hours may resume in the future based on operational demands ~incumbents must be available to participate in a 24/7 rotation. Your own transportation will be required as access to public transit is limited.
To be successful in this role, you will be required to use your experience in managing escalations, your call centre coaching/mentoring skills, as well as your excellent written, verbal, and computer skills. The successful candidate will have the ability to exercise sound judgement, tact and diplomacy when dealing with members of the public, as well as a commitment to professionalism and excellence in customer service with a high degree of personal integrity.
- A High School diploma with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a unionized Call Centre environment is required
- Experience managing escalations, defusing and handling upset callers in a call centre environment is required
- High proficiency with Microsoft office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook) as well as extensive knowledge of Cisco call center phone software, reporting and call recording systems is considered an asset
- Experience working in a regulatory customer-centric environment is considered an asset
NOTE: An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.
NOTE: To be eligible to work for AGLC, you must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or eligible to work in Canada. As a condition of employment you will be required to obtain a security clearance prior to employment.
To learn more about the AGLC and to view the complete job posting, please visit our website at aglc.ca.
When applying for a competition, please submit a cover letter and resume (either in word or pdf format). Please name your documents using your first and last name along with the competition number. For example: John Smith Competition Number 19-060
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $52,132.14 to $64,104.21 /year
- Microsoft office: 1 year (Preferred)
- extensive knowledge of Cisco call center phone software: 1 year (Preferred)
- working in a regulatory customer-centric environment: 1 year (Preferred)
- unionized Call Centre environment: 3 years (Required)