Front of House Assistant Positions
The Isabel Bader Centre for the Performing Arts seeks enthusiastic casual staff to work at performances and events from September 2019 through April 2020 as Front of House Assistants.
- Available shifts will vary, but applicants should be prepared to work a minimum of 4 to 8 shifts each month, plus additional training hours in early September
- Uniforms will be required and provided
- This position is currently paid at a rate of $14.00/hour
Front of House Assistants will work events at the Isabel as ushers, coat check, or merchandise attendants, as needed.
- Greeting and assisting patrons
- Taking/scanning tickets and seating patrons
- Enforcing Isabel policies in a professional and courteous manner
- Familiarity of the building and events therein
- Assisting with safe evacuation in case of emergency
- Assisting patrons in need of CPR and First Aid as needed
- Handling cash, filling forms, and reconciling floats (coat check and merchandise)
- Knowledge of the Isabel season programming
- Customer service skills and related past work experience
- A passion for the arts and the programming at the Isabel
- Problem-solving skills, proactive attitude
- Friendly, approachable, and a positive disposition
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Basic computer skills and ability to regularly receive and respond to emails
- CPR and First Aid certified (noting date of certification), or willingness to obtain this certification in the near future
- Successful applicants will also be required to take Queen’s online AODA courses
How to apply
Application Deadline: Sunday, June 16, 2019 at midnight
Please submit a brief resume detailing your past volunteer and work history pertinent to this position and a brief cover letter detailing the following information:
- Your interest in working at the Isabel as well as your pertinent skills, qualities, and additional experience that you would bring to the performing arts centre
- Please note if you have current First Aid and CPR certification or are willing to obtain this
- Your availability (on average), noting any regular days/times that you would not be available for shifts
- Please indicate if you are legally entitled to work in Canada
- Your contact information, including phone and email address
- Please submit a maximum 2-page application as a single PDF
- Please address the subject line as: Front of House Assistant 2019 - your name
Note: Applications that do not follow the above instructions may not be considered.
The Isabel thanks all applicants for their interest. The Isabel will contact those candidates considered for an interview.
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Queen’s is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, racialized/visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ persons.
The University provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant's accessibility needs. Candidates requiring accommodation during the recruitment process are asked to contact Janelle MacPherson-Kenney at 613-533-6000 ext. 75243.
Job Types: Contract, Casual
Salary: $14.00 /hour