Procon Group of Companies
Reporting to the Manager, Purchasing, the Purchaser is involved in the planning for the development and implementation of procurement, materials and equipment supply activities for a designated project or business unit. The Purchaser will promote value-adding initiatives that leverage on the industry’s best practices while maintaining a high degree of integrity. The Purchaser will proactively manage and monitor vendor performance for the safe and timely execution of agreements in the most economical and professional manner.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Process Requisitions from assigned Project and/or Business Unit through the ERP system.
- Work with site teams to manage flow of materials, stock, and priority orders.
- Manage vendors’ work performance and compliance to contractual terms and conditions. Review, assess and report on Vendor performance as well as recommend mitigation measures to address any relevant issues to ensure no delay or interruption to project execution and operations.
- Manage the maintenance and administration of purchase orders and act as a one-stop resource centre for matters pertaining to agreement records, vendor and contractors' data, bidders' list, etc. to sustain the reliability and availability of open/classified information at all times as well as for reference during negotiations and disputes.
- Manage urgent and ad-hoc requirements through optimization, planning and coordination in order to provide total quality solutions for projects and operations.
- Report claims and variances for Purchase Order variations (i.e. change orders) to Purchasing Manager and control change orders to ensure minimal deviation to original plan and budget.
- Foster and sustain effective working relationships and rapport with business and management institutions, and service providers.
- Contribute to the Procurement and Supply Chain Management discipline’s interface, population and maintenance of ERP modules.
- Reinforce the Procon Mining and Tunnelling procedures and guidelines and the compliance to statutory and legislative requirements and conformance to the established Limits of Authority (LOA), group wide policies and government regulations to safeguard Procon and shareholders’ integrity.
- Participate as a team member that will enhance and sustain staff capabilities in achieving high performance delivery.
- Possess a mindset to achieve high work performance and instill high sense of commitment, ownership, integrity and loyalty that will contribute to operational excellence.
- Strong relationship building and networking ability
- Strong drive and resilience to meet tight deadlines as well as to fulfill various stakeholders’ requirements
- Diploma or Degree in Business Admin or related field is preferred
- Posses, or working towards, SCMP designation or Parts Person Trade Certificate
- Minimum 2+ years working experience in a purchasing or material management role – preference given to those with experience dealing with heavy equipment, with knowledge of mining equipment, attachments, ground support and ancillary underground mining equipment, ventilation and infrastructure
- Able to manage a high volume of time-sensitive work.
- Understanding of applicable regulatory requirements for underground mining (i.e. Mine’s Act, CANMET, etc.)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English. Written and spoken French would be considered an asset.
- Proficient planning and control of work in a multi-project, deadline driven environment
- Experience using ERP software (SAP preferred)
- Able to develop strong working relationships with all levels of individuals is essential
- Able to prioritize work with strong organizational skills
- Strong initiative with a proactive approach to problem solving