*** ONSITE ACCOMMODATION AVAILABLE ***
Summary of Position
Responsible for food preparation and cleanliness of all food and beverage areas as per company standards.
Internally: Provide all essential information to department heads and employees.
Externally: Occasional contact with guests requiring exceptional guest relations.
Note: The following qualification requirements are only representative of minimum levels of
education, knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Essential: 1. High school diploma or vocational equivalent.
Ability to communicate and comprehend both orally and written in English with employees and customers.
Desirable: 1. Cooks papers.
Desirable: 2. Completion or pursuing an apprenticeship program.
Essential: 1. A minimum of 2 to 3 years experience working in a kitchen.
Desirable: 1. Previous hotel and resort experience.
Skills & Abilities
Essential: 1. Excellent team work and cooperation skills in order to maintain an exceptional
rapport with the entire Food and Beverage team and all resort employees.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to follow directions efficiently and effectively.
- Excellent customer service skills in order to maintain an exceptional rapport with customers and employees.
- Excellent communication skills with an enthusiastic attitude.
- Excellent problem solving and multi-tasking skills.
Mental Effort required to perform the job:
- Extensive mental attentiveness and listening is required.
- Tasting and smelling of food, ensuring food is fresh and the correct temperature at all times.
- Frequent listening to guest requests, special diets, etc. and handling them in an organized and professional manner.
- Regular use of various methods of cookery and industrial kitchen equipment.
Physical Effort required to perform the job:
- Long periods of standing and walking.
- Moderate degree of bending, stretching, kneeling, and lifting.
- Frequent lifting of food supplies, trays, pots and pans, etc., up to 75lbs.
- Repetitive pulling, lifting, reaching, and bending.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with company and departmental policies and
- Maintain related knowledge of fire and health & safety policies & procedures.
- Maintain client and company confidence by keeping information confidential.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with team members and management as part of a team.
- Assist in setting up and organizing department work area with designated supplies and maintain cleanliness at all times.
- Responsible for providing excellent customer service and professional communication at all times with guests, visitors and employees.
- Production of Menu
Produce the daily menu as necessary, based on guidelines set out by the department.
- Complete food production work to achieve the established standard of quality for each menu item.
- Assist in the plating and buffet service of all menu items.
- Prepare menu items with the assistance of the Kitchen Lead and cooks.
- Provide written instructions and information to other kitchen staff to ensure that there is continuity to the flow of information for the next shift’s production work.
- Kitchen Care
Ensure and assist in the routine cleaning and sanitizing of the production areas on the main floor of the kitchen (main refrigerator, chest freezers, ovens, stove tops, exhaust hood) according to the established cleaning schedule and standards.
- Ensure wet garbage and recyclable materials are removed as required.
- Report any defective equipment or kitchen site issues in need of repair to the Kitchen
- Observe kitchen sanitation practices and standards as set out in the National Kitchen Sensitization program.
- Quality Control
Produce all menu items to a maximum quality within the established recipe parameters.
- The principles of quality are:
safe – has been prepared in a sanitary environment
correct serving temperature
presentation – including dish, garnish, visual appeal taste.
Monitor completed dishes before they leave for service to guests and correct any noticeable quality issues.
- Menu Planning and Research
Provide observations and feedback on menu items – as to ease of production, guest comments, food returning on plates, and any information that might aid the planning and development of menus to the Kitchen Lead/F&B Director.
- Participate in menu planning and development meetings as directed.
- Cost Control
Produce menu items in accordance with standard food cost recipes.
- In the absence of the Kitchen Lead, withdraw from inventory any food products for the day’s production.
- In the absence of the Kitchen Lead, verify the number of covers expected for each event at the start of each day and adjust production quantities accordingly.
Receive Shipments as per the following standards:
receiving shipments in the warehouse as directed
- verify the order received is consistent with the invoice
- store the shipments in the correct location
*rotate stock in the warehouse for first-in, first-out (FIFO)
Observe food warehouse procedures as per the following standards:
*close containers after removing stock
- extract only the quantity required by the recipe
- check storage temperatures are correct
Accountability while performing the job:
Produce menu items in accordance with standard food cost recipes.Suggest new and less expensive ways of performing tasks, systems etc.
WORKING CONDITIONS while performing the job:
- Works frequently with a variety of kitchen tools i.e. knives, openers, mixer etc.
- Uses a variety of cleaning products (please see MSDS in department)
- Standing for extended periods.
- Lifting up to a maximum of 75lbs.
- A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Salary to be discussed during in person interview.
Location Port Stanton on Sparrow Lake
Job Types: Casual/Part-time - leading to full time.
Salary: $15.40 to $16.80 /hour
Part-time hours: 25 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.40-$16.80 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Prepare, season and cook food as directed, meeting dietary requirements where required
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently
- Clean and maintain station in practicing good safety and sanitation
- Adhere to all sanitation and food production codes
- Menu planning
- Recording food temperature