THC - The Human Corporation is a leading medical cannabis clinic and resource center located on the south shore of Montreal. We operate in all Canadian provinces and pride ourselves in offering the largest selection of medical cannabis to our patients. The Human Corp helps Canadians gain access to cannabis for medical purposed under Health Canada’s ACMPR program where patients can not only obtain a prescription but apply to produce their own. The human corp's parent company is also a late stage applicant under the ACMPR program and plans to be Quebec’s largest craft cannabis cultivator.
We are currently looking for motivated, ambitious individuals who would like to join the industry by putting their cannabis knowledge to good use and helping those in need.
The Cannabis Educator will be responsible for sourcing and assisting new patients with documents and scheduling, and will update and gather information to ensure that patients receive the highest level of care. Additionally, the Cannabis Educator will educate patients on the different licensed producers and the products suitable for their needs. The ideal Cannabis Educator demonstrates strong internal and external customer service skills and a high level of knowledge relating to organizational services and processes.
The Cannabis Educator will have a dedicated territory where he will be responsible for contacting health care professionals for example: clinics, pharmacies, gym’s, physiotherapist’s, chronic pain grops. The educator will inform these individuals of our intentions and obtain referrals from said individuals.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Implement and manage our medical cannabis education program
- Effectively communicate with both medical cannabis-naïve, and experienced patients, adapting accordingly
- Communicate scientific language and concepts using clear and comprehensible language to ensure patients reach potential within the confines of the law, and properly self-medicate
- Work closely with team to provide input on the day to day administrative duties while aligning with business strategies and goals
- Responsible for answering all phone calls and email queries from patients, licensed producers and everyone else calling are responded to promptly
- Ensures all referrals and appointments are dealt with in a timely manner
- Assists with prescription process and registration forms
- Provides excellent customer care
- Maintains professional and up to date technical knowledge by reviewing literature, internet searches, and attending educational workshops;
- Comfortable with working at various locations and settings
- Adheres to dress code and personnel security regulations
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- 1 or more years of relevant work experience (healthcare/administration/sales)
- Must be comfortable around cannabis and have basic knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to foster a positive work environment
- Experience with the use of clinical databases or CRM systems.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills with G-Suite and social media platforms.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Professional appearance and manners
- Strong analytical, cross-functional team and leadership skills.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment with openness to new ideas and the flexibility to adapt positively to changes in direction, priorities, schedules, or responsibilities.
- Proficient in English and French with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must own a vehicule and valid drivers license
Type d'emploi : Temps Plein, Temps Partiel, Contractuel, Commission