Do you have an energetic personality, and do you like to take the initiative to make things better?
CALSTONE is growing, and we want to hire someone like you!
What we do:
Calstone is a family owned, Canadian furniture manufacturing company.
We are your furniture solutions partner specializing in steel-based Warehouse, Mailroom, and Business furniture for commercial use.
- All products are GREENGUARD Certified.
- Our Remanufacturing Program guarantees that 0% of our products will ever go to a landfill site.
- Calstone is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company.
- Calstone is “self-conforming” to ISO 14001.
- Calstone works with “Partners” and a “Dealer Network” to service all customers across North America.
- We employ a team of professionals that provide room layouts, product suggestions, colour selections, order tracking, coordination of deliveries and installations, maintenance and repair if required, consultation and training of customers’ staff on the ergonomic aspects of our products and demonstrated user capability.
- We have a Quality Environmental Management System which controls our Sustainability Policies & updates our Environmental Performance Reports.
- We provide customers with 3D drawings and quotations for all product requests, via fax or e-mail.
- We create and develop “special” or “custom” furniture as required.
For more information, visit our website at: www.calstoneinc.com
Your next Career: Purchasing/Materials Coordinator
Reporting to the Sr. Purchasing Manager, the Purchasing / Materials Coordinator is responsible for routine and impromptu purchases for the company from its affiliated vendors. This includes preparing and processing purchase orders or purchase requests, keeping records of purchases, keeping vendor information up to date. The purchasing coordinator facilitates the acquisition of company supplies and equipment and ensures that vital inventory is kept in stock. Once an order is placed with a vendor, the purchasing coordinator will schedule delivery of the desired items and ensure that the purchase is properly documented and recorded. The purchasing coordinator will ensure that materials, supplies, and equipment orders are placed in a timely fashion so that the company does not suffer a shortage.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Placing and confirming purchase orders, adjusting quantities as necessary for standard product.
- Process orders for services, supplies, repairs, and maintenance.
- Ensuring delivery schedules for materials is accurate, updated and adhered to.
- Communication with Engineering, Accounts and Production on updated delivery anticipations or changes. (ie shortages, backorders, quality issues, pick-up/drop-off requests, etc.)
- Process receiving packing slips in Spire program.
- Work with Accounts Payable on problem invoices to resolve and reconcile.
- Collaborate with Production to monitor and maintain inventory accuracy and stocking initiatives.
- Monitor and maintain pricing for standard purchased products.
- Assist the Purchasing Manager with RFQ’s for non-standard product.
- Provide regular status reports on outstanding material for production
- Data entry and reporting to Purchasing Manager on established department KPI’s.
- Driving to suppliers from time to time throughout the Greater Toronto Area
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Proven ability to work with a high volume work load and a high degree of accuracy
- Great customer service skills
- Superior organization skills, attention to detail and time management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required in English
- Proven ability to problem solve.
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong diplomatic, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in purchasing, inventory management or in a related role in a manufacturing environment, including an understanding of manufactured products and processes.
- College or University in Purchasing.
- 3-5 years of experience in relevant field.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of purchasing procedures.
- Customer service experience considered an asset.
Calstone Core Competencies
- Problem Solving
- Delivering Results
- Taking Initiative
- Functional Knowledge and Skills
Calstone Inc., welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No agency calls please.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- supply chain process: 2 years (Required)
- preparing purchase requests: 2 years (Required)
- working with manufactured products and processes: 1 year (Preferred)
- purchasing: 2 years (Required)
- working with a product manufacturing company: 1 year (Preferred)
- working with high volume workloads: 3 years (Preferred)
- preparing and processing purchase orders: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Scarborough, ON (Required)