About rennie & Our Culture
We are real estate at its thoughtful best. For more than 40 years, we have led the industry by approaching real estate as a means to build better communities and improve lives.
Integrated under rennie are developer services, consumer services, advisory services, rennie foundation and rennie museum. Founded on a people-first culture, we foster a supportive and collaborative environment between our inhouse Intelligence, Technology, Conveyance, Finance, Marketing, Brand, and Advisor Teams. Together, we drive each other's collective success.
Our head office team of 120 and our growing team of 200 Realtors, work seamlessly to deliver exceptional experiences and services. Whether our clients are buying a home, selling a home, or building a community, they can depend on the rennie team to bring expert knowledge and insight.
About the Opportunity
The Managing Broker plays a pivotal role at rennie’s brokerage guiding the day-to-day operations, leading our advisors in the delivery of outstanding real estate brokerage service, ensuring compliance with license and legislative requirements, transaction review and oversight, and overall responsibility for ensuring the smooth running of our r-spaces. The Managing Broker is a critical leader within rennie’s Consumer Services team and combines a keen appreciation for detail and process to support risk management.
Teamwork is essential at rennie, and this role is a part of a team of 3 full-time Managing Brokers under the guidance of the Senior Managing Broker. Additionally, we are proud to say that we have one of the lowest Managing Broker to Advisor ratios in the industry; approximately 1 Managing Broker for every 55 Advisors. As a growing company, we are also expanding into the Fraser Valley and are looking for candidate who may have experience in that market area.
The Managing Broker role is key to ensuring positive advisor engagement, retention, support, and growth and assists advisors with navigating complex real estate matters for successful outcomes and requires a passionate people-person. Unique to rennie, we have a team that supports the Managing Broker in recruiting, qualifying and onboarding advisors to ensure a positive experience all round.
- Brokerage Operational Leadership:
- Acts as one of the designated licensees responsible for the brokerage
- Actively engages with the management of the real estate brokerage in accordance with the rules and guidelines set by the BC Financial Services Authority (BCFSA)Real Estate Council
- May act as liaison for rennie with the BC Financial Services Authority (BCFSA)BCFSA and/or, Real Estate Board and other Professional Associations
- Oversees the weekly Monday Morning Coffee meetings
- Collaborate with managing brokers on all aspects of training such as FINTRAC, new to rennie training and workshops on specific expertise of real estate
- Understands the back-end administration process and conveyance
- Possesses subject matter expertise in resale, pre-sale and assignment transactions
- Collaborates with conveyance department on processes, ensuring every contract gets reviewed
- May review, dates and initials the monthly trust and liability reconciliation with accounting/conveyance department
- May act as signing authority on each trust account
- May approve month end accounting reports
- May authorize and sign all commission payouts
- Ensures that all advertising is within the BCFSA guidelines
- Advisor Leadership & Care:
- Assists in the supervision, mentorship and support of the advisors and representatives who are licensed with the brokerage
- Consults with advisors on their transactions and provides assistance and support, acts as a sounding board, and offers troubleshooting guidance on real estate queries to support the best outcomes
- Delivers ongoing training and coaching
- Provides assistances to all realtors during and after “regular business hours”
- Handles all disputes between advisors both internally and in relation to other brokerages
- Manages potential conflicts with other advisors, managers and professional associations
- Manages potential conflicts with other advisors, managers and associations with other brokerages
- Assists with the recruitment, selection and onboarding of advisors
- Represents rennie at industry related events and functions
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Leadership
- Licensed under the Real Estate Services Act BC
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Managing Broker
- Management experience
- Expert knowledge of the Lower Mainland real estate market. Experience operating in and/or managing an office in other geographical areas such as the Sea to Sky corridor and the Fraser Valley is a definite asset
- Collaborative team player: ability to work effectively with peers, senior leaders, and key stakeholders to strategize, plan, coordinate sales guidance
- Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating team members
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, always maintains composure and an action-oriented attitude
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Proven leadership and business acumen skills
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Ability to work with all levels of management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and Salesforce, Lone Wolf, Paragon, LTSA, BC Online
- Willingness to travel to different project sitesoffice locations
- Vehicle or reliable transportation required
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Extended healthcare benefits
- Eligibility for participation in our extensive bonus program based on performance
- Participation in our monthly lunch and learns with leading industry experts, social events, and much more!
Note: This is a Vancouver-based office position, with a hybrid of in-office and at-home working opportunities. Please no full remote or re-location applicants.
I can’t be me unless I let you be you. - Bob Rennie
At rennie, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them. We’re proud to hire from a variety of backgrounds and are dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team.
rennie welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and groups. We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, disability status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Are you interested in working for an industry leader alongside an amazing team? If this looks like the position for you, please provide your cover letter and resume. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only select individuals will be contacted.
For more information, please visit: https://rennie.com/about
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Managing Broker: 5 years (preferred)
- Real Estate Services Act BC License (preferred)