Busy mid-town Toronto GIS software company, producer of the award-winning MAPublisher & Geographic Imager applications for Adobe Create Cloud, and Avenza Maps for mobile, requires seasoned team and project leads for the next generation of its flagship applications and cloud-based solutions, for full-time positions.
Are you interested in learning and working with leading software development tools and methodologies, and see first hand how your work is helping people work and play? Avenza is redefining how customers create and interact with maps and are having a lot of fun in the process.
Openness, collaboration and innovation are the cornerstones of our culture. We also provide a clear and constant focus on our people, doing the right thing not just for the future success of the company but for their long-term development as individuals. We are located in trendy mid-town Toronto, offer full benefits and a fun, exciting and flexible work environment!
You will be working as a team lead with a small, informal and tightly integrated team of programmers and QAs on a wide variety of upcoming software projects, with server-side and mobile components, related to mapping, data sharing and distribution. In your work, you will use various technologies and languages, including C++ and Python. Please check our website for more information about our current products.
- Significant professional experience developing software using C++
- In depth understanding of core C++ concepts, including OOD, exceptions, memory management and smart pointers
- Strong software design and architecture skills
- Interest in learning new technologies
- High standard of quality in coding practices
- Keen personal interest in computer science and programming in general
- Ability to work proactively, both independently and as a team member
Any of the following is nice to have for some of our ongoing projects:
- Experience with Amazon AWS and EC2, or other cloud-based solutions
- General networking knowledge and experience creating and using REST APIs
- GIS systems development exposure and related libraries such as GDAL
- Interest in maps, cartography, geography or geodesy
- Please apply via this website or by email (jobs AT avenza.com)
This is why great people work here:
- Cool, cutting-edge technology stack
- Real products used daily by thousands of professionals and amateurs, all over the world
- Informal friendly environment
- Competitive salary
- Health benefits plan
- Flexible work hours
- Located steps from the Yonge subway line
- Work from home opportunities
- Causal dress code
- Education assistance program
- Lunch and Learns
- Frequent company wide town hall meetings
- Software release parties
- Patio BBQs
- Biking storage
- Free coffee, fruit and bagel Wednesdays
Strictly no recruiters please.
Only those candidates who are selected will be contacted but we would like to thank everyone for applying.
Job Type: Full-time
- C++: 3 years (Required)
- Team Lead: 3 years (Preferred)
- Software Development: 3 years (Preferred)
- project lead: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Toronto, ON (Required)
- English (Required)