Location Flexible – Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, or British Columbia
RM – ABSKMBBC – 19-04
Suncorp Valuations is a full service appraisal, valuation and consulting firm. From offices in Canada and the U.S.A. we provide global valuation services for land, buildings, machinery and equipment, that is used for financing, litigation support, mergers and acquisitions, and insurance placement purposes. We also provide a full suite of risk management services to assist our clients with their Risk Management Programs. For more information on our services please visit our website at www.suncorpvaluations.com.
This position is full time permanent and it reports to the Managing Director, Risk Management. The location of this position can be in Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, or British Columbia. The position is instrumental in assisting with the growth and completing specialized assignments with the Risk Management Group. The incumbent will interact with all levels of external stakeholders and must be highly skilled in building strong client relationships. The Risk Management Consultant will work on special assignments within all types of industries including Governments and Municipalities, Education, Industrial, Manufacturing, Hospitality, Retail, and the Insurance industry. This incumbent must be willing to assist in the growth of this line of business as per established corporate sales targets and contribution margins
The Risk Management Consultant is responsible for increasing Suncorp Valuation’s market presence by creating, leading and guiding the expansion of the Risk Management line of business with both new and existing clients. The incumbent will be key in developing and implementing action plans that align with the Corporate Strategic Plan, key performance indicators, purpose, values, and vision of the organization. The position, due to its uniqueness, requires a person who is willing to be involved with all facets of the Risk Management line of business. These facets could include, marketing strategies, clients, growth of current and new clients, putting together reports, audits and inspection formats, educational development, manuals, and other materials to meet the specific needs of all clients. There is also a need to provide reviews of existing loss control systems, critique systems, and offer meaningful ways of improving them.
- College or University degree / diploma in risk management, loss control or related education;
- Five+ years of direct or related experience in loss control, risk management, insurance, and marketing of professional services;
- Solid computer skills, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Designations related to Risk Management such as CRM, CCPI is a strong asset;
- Superior knowledge of various Building and Fire Codes, Standards (NFPA & FM), CSA Regulations and Standards;
- Experience conducting inspection services for Industrial and Manufacturing Occupancies, Logging Operations, Schools, Municipalities, Playgrounds and Sports-fields;
- Project management experience is a strong asset;
- Ability to travel regularly without restrictions.
- Strong customer services skills;
- Proactive, with a desire to drive results and exceed goals;
- Strong planning, organizational and time management skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with acute attention to detail;
- Expert project planning skills with the ability to work on multiple task;
- Able to collaborate, share knowledge and leverage expertise as needed;
- Self-directed with the desire and ability to work independently.
The Application Process
Please send your resume via email and include in the subject line the competition number, followed by your first and last name.
Comp #: RM-ABSKMBBC-19-04
Deadline: January 25, 2019
This position can be accommodated to be 100% work from home and Suncorp Valuations will provide the tools to be successful in the role.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Please note that we do not accept phone or email inquiries in regards to open positions.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)