Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY:
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Workplace Health and Safety department.
Reporting to the Manager for Family Medicine Teaching Unit (FMTU), the candidate will be the first point of contact for all new and existing patients and will be responsible for performing a broad range of administrative, and reception duties in the SHN Community Medical Centre which includes a FMTU, Diabetes Education Clinic (DEC), Women’s Health Clinic, etc.
Company Vacancy/Request for Transfer:
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
As an integral and key part of the interprofessional care team, duties include but are not limited to:
- Scheduling patient appointments, follow up appointments, and patient procedures for FMTU and DEC
- Operating multi-line telephones and responding to inquiries in a friendly timely manner
- Prioritizing of task for FMTU and DEC (as needed)
- Submission of physician billing in an electronic billing system
- Obtaining and checking demographic data from each patient on arrival and registering each patient in an electronic registration system
- Ensuring completeness of patient charts. chart filing and scanning of patient records
- Greeting patients to the clinic in a welcoming manner and directing them appropriate
- Hours/Shifts: Days/Afternoons/Evenings/Weekends - Schedules are subject to change to meet departmental needs, you may be scheduled at the General or Birchmount hospital, as well as the SHN Community Medical Centre and will be requested to work the occasional Saturday
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to read, write and speak in English
- Minimum 2 years of experience in medical reception including submission of physician billings and using CHS EMR Systems
- Completion of a Medical Office Billing course
- Experience working with medical billing software, including fully functional EMR
- Experience working in a Family Practice Office
- Experience with scheduling using EMR and Meditech for DEC patients
- Must be proficient in Medical terminology (testing will be administered)
- Typing skills, with a minimum of 35 wpm and 90% accuracy (testing will be administered)
- Knowledge of Meditech and Order Entry
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Demonstrates excellent critical thinking, organizational, prioritization and time-management skills
- Effective telephone skills, with the clear and concise diction
- Well-developed organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and function both independently and as a multidisciplinary team member in a fast paced demanding environment
- Excellent work performance and attendance
- Ability to speak another language is an asset
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our exciting opportunities by following us on Twitter at: SHNCareers